Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,935

1 members and 2,934 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

More Morph Questions

so i was curious about some things and have more info that may help in the answering of this - this is about Burms not BP’s but i feel like it would be the same so:

1) caramel is a recessive T+ albino trait - i have a visual 100% het female if i bred her with the following what would i be likely to get:

-A: normal wild type male that’s 100% het caramel
    -B: visual labyrinth type male that’s 100% het albino (labyrinth is recessive)
    -C: dwarf visual hypo male (hypo is incomplete dominant) who is also 50% het granite (recessive)

albino is a recessive trait - so i ask the same thing with my dwarf visually albino female who’s also 50% het granite (recessive) - what would she produce if paired with the above males?

2) would visual morphs from these pairings be possible given just the parents pairings above or would that be something i would have to breed for multiple generations, etc to be seen?
    Last edited by YungRasputin; 10-18-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    het for nothing but groovy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to YungRasputin For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-18-2022)

Thanks
    also my dwarf albino female is visually orange and white not yellow and white - idk if this would mean anything but thought to mention it (see below)

Thanks
    also my caramel is Gulf Coast line, not the Wei Line

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Re: More Morph Questions

Quote Originally Posted by YungRasputin View Post
    i have a visual 100% het female
    I'm not quite sure what you mean here. If you mean she is visual caramel then

A:
    50% Caramel
    50% Wild type 100% het Caramel

B:

C:
    50% 50% Dwarf Hypo 100% het Caramel 25% het Granite
    50% 50% Dwarf Wild type 100% het Caramel 25% het Granite

unless one of those is allelic with Caramel or you meant the female is Wild type het Caramel

With Dwarf Albino 50% het Granite

A:
    ALL 50% Dwarf Wild type 100% het Albino 25% het Granite

B:
    50% 50% Dwarf Albino 100% het Labyrinth
    50% 50% Dwarf Wild type 100% het Albino Labyrinth

C This is going to depend if both their Granite prove out so small chance 25% have Granite in addition to:
    50% Dwarf Hypo 100% het Albino (25% het Granite if no Granite OS, otherwise 66% het Granite)
    50% Dwarf Wild type 100% het Albino (25% het Granite if no Granite OS, otherwise 66% het Granite)
    (25% het because if you get no Granite OS, pretty much proven at least one does not have het Granite, but the other still might)

2. You will need to breed multiple generations to see all but a little of the morphs in these animals.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-18-2022),Homebody (10-18-2022),YungRasputin (10-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

I’m not familiar with the Burmese or reticulated python, African rock python genetic application or how closely it is to ball pythons. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 10-18-2022 at 02:29 PM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

YungRasputin (10-18-2022)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

so i was curious about some things and have more info that may help in the answering of this - this is about Burms not BP’s but i feel like it would be the same so:

1) caramel is a recessive T+ albino trait - i have a visual 100% het female if i bred her with the following what would i be likely to get:

-A: normal wild type male that’s 100% het caramel
    -B: visual labyrinth type male that’s 100% het albino (labyrinth is recessive)
    -C: dwarf visual hypo male (hypo is incomplete dominant) who is also 50% het granite (recessive)

albino is a recessive trait - so i ask the same thing with my dwarf visually albino female who’s also 50% het granite (recessive) - what would she produce if paired with the above males?

2) would visual morphs from these pairings be possible given just the parents pairings above or would that be something i would have to breed for multiple generations, etc to be seen?
    1) Mating list

Caramel is a recessive mutant gene. Your snake is a visual 100% het caramel. This does not compute. A visual caramel has two caramel genes in the gene pair. A 100% het caramel looks like a wild type (wt) snake but has a gene pair made up of a wt gene and a caramel gene. In the first three of the following matings, I am assuming you have a het caramel. If this is wrong, then the results are wrong.

By the way, in the following matings, het <name of gene> = 100% het <name of gene>.

1A. het caramel x het caramel -->
    3/4 wild type (66% probability het caramel)
    1/4 caramel

1B. het caramel x labyrinth het albino -->
    1/1 wildtype (het labyrinth, 50% probability het caramel, 50% probability het albino)

1C. het caramel x dwarf visual hypo (one hypo gene, one wt gene), 50% het granite -->
    1/2 hypo (50% probability het caramel, low probability het granite)
    1/2 wild type (50% probability het caramel, low probability het granite)
    I do not know how the dwarfing works. There might be some dwarfing in some babies, but don't count on it.

1D. dwarf albino 50% het granite x het caramel -->
    1/1 wild type (het albino, 50% probability het caramel, low probability het granite)
    For dwarf, see 1 C.

1E. dwarf albino 50% het granite x labyrinth het albino -->
    1/2 wildtype (het labyrinth, het albino, low probability het granite)
    1/2 albino (het labyrinth, low probability het granite)
    For dwarf, see 1 C.

1F. There are four possible matings here. Neither parent is het granite (1F1), the female is het granite and the male is not (1F2), the male is granite and the female is not (1F3) or both are het granite (1F4). I recommend that unless you get hypo granite or granite babies, assume neither parent is het granite.

1F1. dwarf albino x dwarf visual hypo (one hypo gene, one wt gene) -->
    1/2 hypo (het albino)
    1/2 wild type (het albino)
    There is a higher probability of dwarfing in this mating than in matings 1A - 1E.

1F2. dwarf albino het granite x dwarf visual hypo (one hypo gene, one wt gene) -->
    1/2 hypo (het albino, 50% probability het granite)
    1/2 wild type (het albino, 50% probability het granite)
    There is a higher probability of dwarfing in this mating than in matings 1A - 1E.

1F3. dwarf albino x dwarf visual hypo (one hypo gene, one wt gene), het granite -->
    1/2 hypo (het albino, 50% probability het granite)
    1/2 wild type (het albino, 50% probability het granite)

1F4. dwarf albino het granite x dwarf visual hypo (one hypo gene, one wt gene), het granite -->
    3/8 hypo (het albino, 66% probability het granite)
    1/8 hypo granite (het albino)
    3/8 wild type (het albino, 66% probability het granite)
    1/8 granite (het albino)

2) See mating list.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulh For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-18-2022),nikkubus (10-18-2022),YungRasputin (10-18-2022)

Thanks
    thank you so much for these answers - just sort of going through the info now - by 100% het caramel i meant both parents of my female were caramel and so on - same thing for the normal type male who’s het for caramel as well

for reference - i believe the dwarf percentages in these pairings would be:

1) dwarf (75M/25D) x dwarf (75M/25D) = 75M/25D

2) dwarf (75M/25D) x mainland (100M/0M) = (87.5M/12.5D)

again will respond more when I’ve sorted all the above info out in my head

12. The Following User Says Thank You to YungRasputin For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (10-18-2022)

Thanks
    so i got through everything and basically what i’m seeing is that unless i have 2 het caramel or 2 het granite parents the morphs would not be visually expressed and i would have to line breed for multiple generations to produce said visuals? that right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    I’m not familiar with the Burmese or reticulated python, African rock python genetic application or how closely it is to ball pythons. Thanks for sharing.
    i figured it would be the same insomuch as how dominant, incomplete dominate and recessive genes work - i studied this in my pre-mortuary prereqs but it’s still a little tricky to figure out

15. The Following User Says Thank You to YungRasputin For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-18-2022)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

... by 100% het caramel i meant both parents of my female were caramel and so on - same thing for the normal type male who’s het for caramel as well
    Your "het caramel" female is really a caramel then.

Is the normal looking, het caramel male supposed to be the offspring of two caramels, too?

The caramel gene can be symbolized as c. The wild type (wt) or normal gene can be symbolized as C.

A caramel snake has two caramel genes in the gene pair (c//c). A het caramel snake has a wild type gene paired with a caramel gene (C//c) and looks like a wild type or normal snake.

The c//c male gives one of its c genes to each baby. The female c//c gives one of its c genes to each baby. Every baby must be caramel, c//c. It is impossible for a c//c x c//c mating to produce any het caramel (C//c) babies.

so i got through everything and basically what i’m seeing is that unless i have 2 het caramel or 2 het granite parents the morphs would not be visually expressed and i would have to line breed for multiple generations to produce said visuals? that right?
    Right.

By the way, caramel x het caramel -->
    1/2 wt (het caramel)
    1/2 caramel

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulh For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-19-2022),Homebody (10-19-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast