Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 976

2 members and 974 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Re: Shouldn't the ball python caresheet be updated on the enclosure size part?

Quote Originally Posted by Animallover3541 View Post
    Luckily, this forum isn't as chaotic or judgemental as the reptile subreddits that a lot of these new care requirements come from so healthy debates can take place here and education is placed above personal attacks.
    It's a colossal elitism problem with those younger social media demographics period. So much as post of a single pic of your animal's enclosure for example and they'll comb over it with a microscope to see if there's any slightest nitpick they can chew you out for, because to them there is only one specific methodology of care and to do anything otherwise automatically equals "animal abuse."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-07-2022),Malum Argenteum (10-10-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,824 Times in 11,843 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    It's a colossal elitism problem with those younger social media demographics period. So much as post of a single pic of your animal's enclosure for example and they'll comb over it with a microscope to see if there's any slightest nitpick they can chew you out for, because to them there is only one specific methodology of care and to do anything otherwise automatically equals "animal abuse."
    There may also be huge differences in accepted husbandry based on what country you're in. I can recall seeing some enormous & elaborate "enclosures" for snakes posted by someone in Europe- Germany, I think? Like what you'd see in a first-rate zoo rather than what home keepers do. Nothing wrong with aspiring to that either.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    There may also be huge differences in accepted husbandry based on what country you're in. I can recall seeing some enormous & elaborate "enclosures" for snakes posted by someone in Europe- Germany, I think? Like what you'd see in a first-rate zoo rather than what home keepers do. Nothing wrong with aspiring to that either.
    Probably because they have increasingly lofty requirements over there. Like imagine what I said about the elitism and turning that into sanctioned actual law or something to that effect. Same deal with the thing about not be able to live-feed vertebrate prey (an okay thing on its own but say you have a truly stubborn feeder or a WC specimen, what then?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12