Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,892

3 members and 2,889 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Help me ID please

Hi, we picked this “squadron” up a while back and when we picked up these snakes the guy who sold them to us said the 2 younger ones were mojave spider yb, the dad was a mojave specter yb paradox(however i know specter yb makes superstripe) I dont believe the dad is specter and yb at all, and he said the mother is a spider, but it may have more. So with all that being said. I know the picture of the dad isnt the greatest, but its all i have right now as hes being paired right now to an ivory girl because i want to find out if he really is yb or specter lol, I do believe the dad to be mojave, and obviously the mother is spider, however the 2 offspring from this pairing look similar in coloring but have major pattern differences and im leaning more towards fire being in the mix, especially with the mother… I believe her to be a fire spider and that one of the offspring is a fire spider pos yb/specter and the other offspring to be a mojave spider pos yb/specter.*
    Mother
    https://ibb.co/ggPHj23
    Father
    https://ibb.co/xCrNDcD
    Offspring number 1
    https://ibb.co/WzQZ7fP
    Offspring number 2
    https://ibb.co/0ySscm9

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DCR For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-03-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Help me ID please

What makes you discount the breeder and what he’s saying? Remember also that specter gene is very variable in coloration mostly. Certainly any offspring can also be variable. They all look amazing, especially the offspring. Thanks for sharing.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

DCR (09-03-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Dad is most definitely not Spector + YB, but likely one or the other. Pairing to Ivory should confirm which he is unless you get terrible odds and miss the ALS all together. I don't think Mom has Fire, as she is pretty dark, and Fire should help her hold her color.

As far the reason OS are so different looking, could be one got Specter/YB and the other didn't, could be one didn't actually get Mojave, could just be variation, as Spider can vary wildly in appearance without other morph differences. I would lean towards 1 not having any Specter/YB, and 2 does being the reason given not just the difference in color, but also the dorsal pattern having more of a stripe appearance in the back half where 1 mostly has very broken up dorsal pattern everywhere but the front 1/3 or so. Spiders don't tend to usually get that much striping without help from another morph.

Hope that helps.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-03-2022),DCR (09-03-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    What makes you discount the breeder and what he’s saying? Remember also that specter gene is very variable in coloration mostly. Certainly any offspring can also be variable. They all look amazing, especially the offspring. Thanks for sharing.
    Only reason I'm questioning it is because the 2 offspring have the same ID from the Breeder but look massively different to me in patterning. Coloration looks almost identical but one has key holes in alien heads and dorsal striping where the other one appears to have large blobs and lots of banding, and the fact is the Breeder mis IDed the father as a mojave super stripe(specter+yb) Paradox when he's definitely not super stripe. I thank you tho for taking the time to comment and praise my snakes 🙂 I'm kind of leaning towards one is mojave spider and the other is not mojave spider, and just a spider. My next course of action would be to breed a Banana Fire enchi Male to the spider mother next season to confirm or deny whether or not she has fire in her, however I am quite doubtful of the outcome personally. She just laid 51 days ago with this exact same pairing and they are due to pip any day now so it will be curious to see the results.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DCR For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-04-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Dad is most definitely not Spector + YB, but likely one or the other. Pairing to Ivory should confirm which he is unless you get terrible odds and miss the ALS all together. I don't think Mom has Fire, as she is pretty dark, and Fire should help her hold her color.

As far the reason OS are so different looking, could be one got Specter/YB and the other didn't, could be one didn't actually get Mojave, could just be variation, as Spider can vary wildly in appearance without other morph differences. I would lean towards 1 not having any Specter/YB, and 2 does being the reason given not just the difference in color, but also the dorsal pattern having more of a stripe appearance in the back half where 1 mostly has very broken up dorsal pattern everywhere but the front 1/3 or so. Spiders don't tend to usually get that much striping without help from another morph.

Hope that helps.
    I should have mentioned the picture of mom was a couple days after laying but I didn't lol. She's almost gray in person, and I also forgot to mention the exact same pairing was redone and she laid 51 days ago and they're due to pip any day now. I agree with you tho 100% I've just been seeing alot of stuff about fire sometimes causing pattern reduction and banding almost like enchi does, so it got me wondering whether or not the mom has fire in her which would be my best case scenario however I'm realistic and believe them to just be exactly what you described.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCR For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-05-2022),nikkubus (09-04-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    I should have mentioned the picture of mom was a couple days after laying but I didn't lol. She's almost gray in person, and I also forgot to mention the exact same pairing was redone and she laid 51 days ago and they're due to pip any day now. I agree with you tho 100% I've just been seeing alot of stuff about fire sometimes causing pattern reduction and banding almost like enchi does, so it got me wondering whether or not the mom has fire in her which would be my best case scenario however I'm realistic and believe them to just be exactly what you described.
    Hopefully her new clutch gives you some insight on the Fire then good luck!
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-05-2022),DCR (09-04-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    Only reason I'm questioning it is because the 2 offspring have the same ID from the Breeder but look massively different to me in patterning. Coloration looks almost identical but one has key holes in alien heads and dorsal striping where the other one appears to have large blobs and lots of banding, and the fact is the Breeder mis IDed the father as a mojave super stripe(specter+yb) Paradox when he's definitely not super stripe. I thank you tho for taking the time to comment and praise my snakes �� I'm kind of leaning towards one is mojave spider and the other is not mojave spider, and just a spider. My next course of action would be to breed a Banana Fire enchi Male to the spider mother next season to confirm or deny whether or not she has fire in her, however I am quite doubtful of the outcome personally. She just laid 51 days ago with this exact same pairing and they are due to pip any day now so it will be curious to see the results.
    Gotcha, sometimes influences will come from grandparents in a line as well as from parental. Grandparents may not immediately be known to a breeder. Genetics also is not a exact science, we have that paradox working here and the concept of random selection that will also play out from time to time. I see the difference in the patterning of the two juveniles and say yes to that appearance of the key holes in the alien heads and dorsal striping in the one. Looking to be more of a Mojave spider.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 09-04-2022 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Wording
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

DCR (09-04-2022),nikkubus (09-04-2022)

Thanks
    I have a new theory considering I cannot confidently confirm fire or no fire, and it's most likely no fire unless proven. I believe offspring number 2 is mojave spider yb/specter and offspring number 1 is just spider yb/specter

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DCR For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-05-2022)

Thanks
    First one popping its head out from same pairing clutch
    https://ibb.co/b5H7LLn

Thanks
    So, apparently this thread is completely pointless now, considering the original topic. However I did receive alot of enlightment on the dad. After speaking to the original owner of him again, he did confirm several things with me.
    1. He is not in fact the sire to these two offspring
    2. He was mis-ID'd when given to me, he is not a mojave specter/yb paradox, he is actually a Bamboo paradox
    3. No longer need to try and figure out what these OS are
    Last edited by DCR; 09-07-2022 at 10:03 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DCR For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-08-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast