Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,864

2 members and 2,862 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

clutch #3 2021 ID help

So the anticipation is over, and everyone is out and has shed for the first time. The weather outside is perfect this morning, so figured it would be good to grab some photos in the shade to post them up for some ID help. I feel pretty confident with the ID’s ive assigned them, but would like others to confirm if they suspect anything different.
    Here’s the group photo, 6 healthy babies with no normals! (parents were Bamboo Pin mom x Calico YB dad).
    Group photos

I’ve got 3 pics of each baby, tried to get some good photos, i can retake if necessary, had one try to run away completely from me in the grass, luckily the color of it stuck out and was easy to find…
    baby #1 is what i suspect to be a Calico YB. both the calico’s in this clutch gave me some little ringers, so that was cool to see.

baby #2 is what is by far my absolute favorite, and the colors are absolutely insane. I’m not even sure that my camera picks everything up as well as it looks in person. Believe this one to be a bamboo calico YB.

The next three i struggled with, as I believe babies 3 and 5 are the same genetics, but see some variation in the way the pin is expressed, and not sure if this is yb influence, or calico influence. I believe they have calico present due to the fact that the pin pattern is much more exploded and not near as clean as mom and baby #4.
    baby #3 bamboo pin calico pos. YB?

baby #4 bamboo pin pos. yb (looks very similar to mom, not sure if YB is present here, leaning towards no…)

baby #5 is presumed to be a bamboo pin calico pos. YB, same as #3

and lastly baby #6 is what i believe to be the same as baby #1, being a calico YB with a nice cute little ringer.

any help would be wonderful. I’m still in awe by baby #2, absolutely stunner.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SS snakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-18-2022),Homebody (08-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,164 Posts

Re: clutch #3 2021 ID help

Quote Originally Posted by SS snakes View Post
    I can't help with IDs, but I can give you the opinion of an uneducated consumer. Number 6 is my favorite. I just love those rich dark colors in contrast to the yellow patches.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-18-2022),SS snakes (08-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Very beautiful & interesting clutch, for sure-
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

SS snakes (08-18-2022)

Thanks

Thank you!
    I absolutely love what calico can do, by itself even. Very happy with this clutch
    Last edited by SS snakes; 08-18-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Very beautiful & interesting clutch, for sure-
    thank you! First time breeding for both parent snakes, and they didn't disappoint at all thankfully

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    I can't help with IDs, but I can give you the opinion of an uneducated consumer. Number 6 is my favorite. I just love those rich dark colors in contrast to the yellow patches.
    Thank you!
    I absolutely love what calico can do, by itself even. Very happy with this clutch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SS snakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-18-2022)

Thanks
    Also can't help with id, but I can say that I agree with you. Really like that smoke-and-shadows look on #2.
    BP: 1.2

Ultrafly, 6y+
    Banana Firebee, 5y+
    Pastave Bee Super Enchi Banana +/-, 1y

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Argentum For This Useful Post:

SS snakes (08-18-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    Also can't help with id, but I can say that I agree with you. Really like that smoke-and-shadows look on #2.
    Thanks! honestly I was a little confused, with the amount of darkness coming through on the dorsal stripe area, he's also got a really really cool gold colored stripe that weaves on the dorsal. Definitely a unique looking one for sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SS snakes View Post
    Thanks! honestly I was a little confused, with the amount of darkness coming through on the dorsal stripe area, he's also got a really really cool gold colored stripe that weaves on the dorsal. Definitely a unique looking one for sure.
    Oh, that's easy!

Since the rest of him is smoke and shadows, that's the ray of light shining through them.
    BP: 1.2

Ultrafly, 6y+
    Banana Firebee, 5y+
    Pastave Bee Super Enchi Banana +/-, 1y

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Argentum For This Useful Post:

SS snakes (08-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    5 is probable YB imo and the others you listed poss probably are not because it looks like decent blushing in the darker dorsal pattern to me in 5, where the others seem standard for the morphs listed. I cannot tell if the Bamboos have Calico or not from these pics so you are probably a better judge of that but everything else looks correct to me.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

SS snakes (08-18-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    5 is probable YB imo and the others you listed poss probably are not because it looks like decent blushing in the darker dorsal pattern to me in 5, where the others seem standard for the morphs listed. I cannot tell if the Bamboos have Calico or not from these pics so you are probably a better judge of that but everything else looks correct to me.
    Would any type of pics help to identify calico in the bamboo babies? (3,4,5) and so you think baby #2 also isn't yellowbelly? Yellowbelly is something I'm still trying to learn... so any help is appreciated there. I'll get some pics of the parents uploaded shortly.

I think I see what you mean by number 5, I at first thought 3 and 5 were very similar, but after taking another look i can see the pinstriping seems to have more of a different effect as it fades down into the sides compared to #3 being mostly on the dorsal of the snake. Definitely still trying to make sure I learn how to properly ID babies, I'm sure they'll still gain some more color over the next couple of sheds.

thanks for the input, i greatly appreciate it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SS snakes For This Useful Post:

Homebody (08-18-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast