Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,010

0 members and 3,010 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Is This A Decent Tank?? New Age Pet Mojave Reptile Habitat Lounge

Hello! I’m currently looking into getting my banana candy BP a tank that will hold temperature better, and because the one I’m using currently is falling apart the longer it’s in use. I currently have a large (36”x 18”x18”) Exo Terra glass terrarium, which has had the door fall off before, and the bottom is shattered (covered and safe for my BP as of right now). I dislike how it doesn’t hold heat well at all, and the screen top makes that factor even worse so I’ve had to get panels for the mesh. Not to mention the sheer weight of the entire thing. Had I known what I know now I would’ve looked into a different tank. So I’ve instead been looking at PVC and other types of tanks that are only glass on the front and will retain a better temperature for my snake. One I’ve found is on Amazon and it’s called:
    “New Age Pet ECOFLEX Mojave Reptile Habitat Lounge”
    https://www.amazon.com/New-Age-Pet-i...s%2C210&sr=8-2

The size of the Medium would be the same size as the one I have currently, but I was hoping to get the large so my snake can have even more space and hides. I’m also inclined towards this one because 1. It’s not entirely glass and will retain heat better (from what reviews say) 2. It has a sliding glass door rather than an outward opening one. 3. The overall look is very appealing. 4. It’s a lot more available (it being on Amazon) and a little more in my price range than the ones I see that are the same price for a much smaller tank.

But I’ve only seen one review on YouTube, and I wanted to double check before I look more into purchasing this one if it’s a good option. My main concern is the material’s water resistance, which upon looking into the descriptions and Q&As it’s listed as being “water resistant” and the material itself is some mix of different materials, but it shouldn’t hold standing water. A couple reviews say it’s holding up good with their reptiles but I wanted to know if anyone has this tank and can tell me if it would be good for a relatively moist habitat? Is there any problems with it I should think about? Please and thank you!!
    Last edited by camilleon; 08-15-2022 at 01:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,164 Posts

Re: Is This A Decent Tank?? New Age Pet Mojave Reptile Habitat Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by camilleon View Post
    But I’ve only seen one review on YouTube, and I wanted to double check before I look more into purchasing this one if it’s a good option. My main concern is the material’s water resistance, which upon looking into the descriptions and Q&As it’s listed as being “water resistant” and the material itself is some mix of different materials, but it shouldn’t hold standing water. A couple reviews say it’s holding up good with their reptiles but I wanted to know if anyone has this tank and can tell me if it would be good for a relatively moist habitat? Is there any problems with it I should think about? Please and thank you!!
    I suggest you look elsewhere. It's a cheap enclosure that won't last. Muddle along with what you have until you've saved enough for to buy your bp a forever home. Even the positive reviews of this thing describe it as "good for the money" which I take to mean that it's not good, but it was so inexpensive the purchaser was willing to overlook its flaws. The bad reviews describe cheap materials and poor workmanship. You already have a flawed enclosure. You don't need another one.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

camilleon (08-15-2022),Spicey (08-15-2022)

Thanks

Are there any brands you recommend? I’ve found a couple but some of them don’t have the deeper bottom so you can put a few inches of substrate or they don’t open on the front

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    The material it's made of is water resistant, but the enclosure itself is not water-tight- so if your pet spills the water bowl, it would leak & maybe cause damage to whatever it's sitting on, plus if using UTH, water & electricity don't play well together- just saying. For a "relatively moist habitat" it sounds iffy- though you might be able to seal all the corners with silicone aquarium sealant. These are just my observations- I have no first hand experience with this product. They mention that it's made of a blended product (plastic & wood)- and I'd personally wonder if, over time, that might become less resistant to moisture, allowing mold or rot to set in-??? I'd want to read the actual warranty.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 08-15-2022 at 01:40 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Homebody (08-15-2022)

Thanks

Are there any brands you recommend? I’ve found a couple but some of them don’t have the deeper bottom so you can put a few inches of substrate or they don’t open on the front
    Animal Plastics is a very popular and well made enclosure that many of us use. I own two myself. The one down side is their could potentially be a long waiting period (i.e 6 months) but I would contact them for this info.
    1.0 Motley IMG BCI - (Venom)

1.0 Super Ghost BCI - (Phantom)

1.0 Boxer - (Knox)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

Homebody (08-15-2022)

Thanks

Reptile Basics is also a good option. They have one similar to what you linked that appears to be currently available, but it's a bit smaller - 23 x 20 x 16.
    BP: 1.2

Ultrafly, 6y+
    Banana Firebee, 5y+
    Pastave Bee Super Enchi Banana +/-, 1y

Thanks

That looks like it's made of the same stuff as IKEA furniture.

I haven't used them but FocusCubed has a comparably-sized enclosure for a similar price in PVC : https://focuscubedhabitats.com/produ...rama-36x18x18/

I think you can get more quality for your buck than the fiberboard one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plateOfFlan For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-15-2022),Homebody (08-15-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plateOfFlan View Post
    That looks like it's made of the same stuff as IKEA furniture.

I haven't used them but FocusCubed has a comparably-sized enclosure for a similar price in PVC : https://focuscubedhabitats.com/produ...rama-36x18x18/

I think you can get more quality for your buck than the fiberboard one.
    Plus it has the depth for substrate that the OP is looking for.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,164 Posts

In addition to those mentioned above:
    https://www.blackboxcages.com/collec...restrial-cages
    https://www.visionproducts.us/produc.../vision-cages/
    https://customreptilehabitats.com/co...ile-enclosures
    https://reptilekages.com/collections...ile-enclosures
    https://www.zenhabitats.com/collecti...ile-enclosures
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-15-2022),camilleon (08-15-2022)

Thanks

Yeah that’s what I read too, so I was planning, if I were to buy this one, to seal the cracks with silicone and the material itself with some kind of waterproof sealant just to be totally safe.

And I don’t use under tank heaters due to the fact that it’s what cracked my current one and they just don’t produce as well of a temperature as ceramic dome lights, especially in my cooler room lol
    Last edited by camilleon; 08-15-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast