Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,887

1 members and 2,886 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Holdback ID help required...

Looks to me in post #1 that your initial identification of the first OS seems right that it’s a Enchi that is really bright. I would agree. For a second yellowbelly came across with the belly pic in but the increased checkering doesn’t seem to be there nor the flaming in the laterals ? The second OS strikes me as a really nice normal” very bright also” with a moderately reduced pattern that is highly visible from the mid body to the caudal sections with possibilities of “het pied” markers. So sorry for the losses in the clutch but overall nice results from both.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 08-07-2022 at 05:00 AM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

Mehelya (08-13-2022),nikkubus (08-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanks Albert Clark, always normal until proven otherwise, as they say.

They're both pretty neat snakes, either way, and I'm sure the first one would make some sweet super enchis, if that brightness can be reproduced in the next set of offspring (even from line breeding). It does seem to have some blushing along it's sides (can be seen in the other pics lower down), but nothing that reaches past the middle of the sides, and it was basically just the super bright colors that caught my attention with it. When I first saw it, my initial thought was a super enchi, because I always thought the mother might be a stinger bee, but the head patterns are completely wrong for super enchi(head stripes don't fuse with the neck pattern etc). Suppose that's the fun with genetics, considering the can be so variable (to a certain degree), even within a particular morph.

Well, even if the second OS is just a reduced normal, and maybe het pied, I will grow it up to pair with a pewter het pied male that I have here. At least I won't waste the clutch for all normals, if nothing genetic passes on, and I can see how it affects the cinnamon and pastel, if it does.

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated, considering that where I am from, people tend to be more on the "it's a normal, let's not talk about it any more or again" train, as opposed to actually talking it out amicably, and explaining why it is or isn't one or the other. If I ask local breeders for input, they always seem scared to give opinions, as if I'm going to hold it against them when it doesn't go the way their or my opinion suggested.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mehelya For This Useful Post:

Homebody (08-13-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12