Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,868

2 members and 2,866 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Blue eyed mouse eating machine ;)

I picked up a couple of mice for Hydaya's dinner and as I was driving home I realized they looked alot like Stewart Little... So, I started wondering if I could photo shop some little boots on thier feet as they were sliding down his throat (evil, I know, mooowaaahaahaa) Anywho, when I got home and picked up Hyde's hide (lol) I noticed his eyes were blue! And, while I was excited he's finally going to shed I was also thinking, crap, he probably won't eat dinner. But no, my little boys a mouse eating champ on the fat boy acellerated program, hehe. Here's some feeding pic's...

Getting ready for dinner

Positioning the mouse for swallowage. Can't you just see little boots on the feet in this one? lol

I'm always amazed at how much his throat streches

Just the tip left... you can really see his blue eyes in this one

Thanks

Re: Blue eyed mouse eating machine ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lira
    So, I started wondering if I could photo shop some little boots on thier feet as they were sliding down his throat (evil, I know, mooowaaahaahaa)
    You may need professional help

It is almost like a spiritual experience when they eat though, isn't it? This beautiful creature who God has so perfectly created performing what instinct has taught their ancestors for many many eons. Awesome!

I don't know........ maybe I'm the one who needs professional assistance.
    1.0 BP (Salazar Slytherin)

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Wonderful pics! We have a few that will eat, blue eyes or not. Rionach once came zipping out of her hide and slammed down a big mouse before I realized she was actually in the middle of her shed LOL. Just a few hours before she'd been blue eyed but by the time we started our feeding rounds she had her shed "rolled" down to the midpoint of her body. Ri just quickly snarfed down her mouse then dashed back in her hide to finish up!

I wish sometimes I was of a poetic mind. There's just something so wonderful and wild and elemental about the snakes, like they "let" us into their world in some ways. Something about the play of their muscles, the quietness of their being that can so suddenly explode into the pure beauty of the feed...I wish I had the words I really do.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

only one word needed...awesome
    Alex
    {1.0.0 ball pythons- MONTYcurently being fostered}
    0.3.0 older sisters
    3.0.0 older brother-in-laws
    3.0.0 little brothers
    0.1.0 cutest lil sister ever
    New!!! just added!!!3.0.0. nephew!

Thanks

Yes, they truly are awsome creatures, and I'm so glad this one came into my life. He really is the gift his name implies.

And yes, I'm sure the majority of my friends and co-workers will agree with you that I need professional help But then, they all think I'm crazy just for having the snake much less the Stewart Little analogy, lol. My hubby has been patient but in the past month he has said more then once I'm boarder line ocd on getting the perfect enclousre, heat source, thermostat, temps, humidity, etc, etc... ah well, I just want to make sure he gets the best care.

Today I came home peeked in his tote to see if he shed yet (which I know probably won't be for a bit, but couldn't resist looking) and he's done some redecorating. I have 3 hides (on cool, one hot, and one in the middle), well after that huge meal I guess he thought one hide just wasn't good enough so he pushed 2 together and had his head in one, about an inch hanging out in the middle, and his back half in the other hide. Guess he wanted to stretch out.

Lira