Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,903

2 members and 2,901 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Need help with two of my new BPs

So I recently purchased two juvenile balls from a local shop. Both caught my eye and the owner was not sure of their morphs, so I figured I’d post here to see if anyone can give their insight. I have an idea of what both may be, but I would like to see some other’s opinions

#1 sold to me as a normal

#2 labeled “mystery morph”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to quicktop For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (06-08-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    You'll have to be patient for those who know these things, the only thing I can identify are the Crocs in pic #3-
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

AutumnVanilla (05-31-2022),quicktop (05-29-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    First one looks like a blade morph. Way too reduced a pattern to be a normal. Not sure on the second one though, I'm not the best at deciphering the dark genes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (06-08-2022),quicktop (05-29-2022)

Thanks

Re: Need help with two of my new BPs

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    First one looks like a blade morph. Way too reduced a pattern to be a normal. Not sure on the second one though, I'm not the best at deciphering the dark genes.
    Yes I am also thinking blade on the first one. In fact, while browsing on morphmarket some of the snakes that looked closest to this one were super blades, but I feel like that would be pretty rare to encounter in the way I acquired this snake.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Blade is fairly common, and missed a lot of the time when not in combo with Clown. Could be, but my first guess would be Enchi because the dorsal isn't as clear as I would expect on Blade.

Second one has to be some kind of combo. With the line of demarcation being smudged on the eye stripe, Cinnamon is a good possibility of being one of the things in there. HRA comes to mind with the particular type of blushing, but I don't have enough experience with HRA to know what kind of combo would make HRA side pattern look like that.

This Butter HRA has a similar look but the color is very different so maybe one of the darker Lesser complex morphs like Phantom? I can't seem to find a pic of HRA Phantom without also having Pastel or Spotnose.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (06-08-2022),quicktop (05-29-2022)

Thanks
    Blade is fairly common, and missed a lot of the time when not in combo with Clown. Could be, but my first guess would be Enchi because the dorsal isn't as clear as I would expect on Blade.

Second one has to be some kind of combo. With the line of demarcation being smudged on the eye stripe, Cinnamon is a good possibility of being one of the things in there. HRA comes to mind with the particular type of blushing, but I don't have enough experience with HRA to know what kind of combo would make HRA side pattern look like that.

This Butter HRA has a similar look but the color is very different so maybe one of the darker Lesser complex morphs like Phantom? I can't seem to find a pic of HRA Phantom without also having Pastel or Spotnose.
    Last edited by nikkubus; 05-29-2022 at 08:40 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (06-08-2022),quicktop (05-30-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post

Thank you for your response! I am wondering for #2 if you see Blackhead with the ringer gene? We were able to determine the actual breeder of this snake, unfortunately he won’t respond, but he does produce BH combos and there’s a few that look very similar to mine. Specifically the BH/OD combos he has produced and placed on morphmarket coinciding with the age of this BP I have.

Thanks
    Actually, yes, it does look a lot like that as well as other OD Blackhead besides the blushing coloration. I don't have any experience at all with ringer gene so I couldn't say for sure if that is in there. If he was doing pairings that produced het Pied, it could be the het Pied causing ringer.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

quicktop (06-07-2022)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 839 Posts
    Hoping it's just a camera artifact, but the one photo of your 2nd snake almost looks like a kink about where the ringer would is.
    Also I would make sure to keep the humidity up for that one as well. The eye looks like there was maybe some shedding problems last time. Hoping it wasn't a mite problem cause they also like to get into the eye area.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (06-08-2022),Bogertophis (05-30-2022),nikkubus (05-30-2022),quicktop (06-07-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Actually, yes, it does look a lot like that as well as other OD Blackhead besides the blushing coloration. I don't have any experience at all with ringer gene so I couldn't say for sure if that is in there. If he was doing pairings that produced het Pied, it could be the het Pied causing ringer.
    The ringer gene from what I’ve researched causes the “lifting” of the alien heads up from the belly as well as causing some of them to blend together.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to quicktop For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (06-07-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast