Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,804

2 members and 2,802 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

110 qt Sterilite bin as a temp. enclosure for young bearded dragon?

Pretty basic question. I’m currently applying to jobs (I do have enough money saved up to care and provide for the dragon I should note) and I may be moving anytime within the next few months (or may land a job nearby). Either way, I was wondering if either of these tubs would be okay as a temporary enclosure for a few months. The bin dimensions are 31" x 15 1/2" x 12 1/4". I would be using a lamp stand that would over look one end of the enclosure so there wouldn’t be a worry of the bulb burning the side. The UVB tube light would be attached to the side of the bin as well, depending on how far it needs to be. Whenever I do land a position, I’d be making a custom enclosure for them.

Thoughts on this? Good idea?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,158 Posts

Re: 110 qt Sterilite bin as a temp. enclosure for young bearded dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Antinous View Post
    Pretty basic question. I’m currently applying to jobs (I do have enough money saved up to care and provide for the dragon I should note) and I may be moving anytime within the next few months (or may land a job nearby). Either way, I was wondering if either of these tubs would be okay as a temporary enclosure for a few months. The bin dimensions are 31" x 15 1/2" x 12 1/4". I would be using a lamp stand that would over look one end of the enclosure so there wouldn’t be a worry of the bulb burning the side. The UVB tube light would be attached to the side of the bin as well, depending on how far it needs to be. Whenever I do land a position, I’d be making a custom enclosure for them.

Thoughts on this? Good idea?
    How old are they?
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)