Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 657

0 members and 657 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Herp care questions

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Even highly-trained doctors in the practice of human medicine have to keep up with learning new things, & they don't stop practicing in the meantime.

And by now, everyone is well-aware that there is plenty of inaccurate as well as accurate information (on any & ALL subjects) shared across all forms of social media. That's the whole point of sharing, discussing & coming to a consensus of what works best. But choosing the best methods are still up to the individuals.

Human knowledge is always a process to sort out the truth. Think of the internet like a library. In any library, there is a vast array of opinions, & many books have been written (on all subjects) which later proved to be terribly inaccurate, or partly so, but no one puts them in a burn pile, nor should they. Knowledge is built upon, even with twists & turns, as more information comes to light. Even so, the result may not be a perfect "one-size-fits-all", & that's why we share what works for us. There's no law that says you have to do exactly what you just read about. And the great break-thru you just read about from an "expert" may turn out, in the future, to be all wrong. Just suggesting we all keep an open mind.
    Thank you for that.

@bns Just to be clear, I am not checking my information because I question my care practices. I am confident in what I recommend, but I always want to stay on the side of caution, especially when it comes to living animals. So when my care practices are said to be wrong, I check them against other reliable sources, be that another experienced keeper, and article from a trusted source online, or an up-to-date book by a experienced author. That way, I can be absolutely confident in what I teach without worrying about it being out of date. I believe that is a responsible practice, and for me to assume that I know everything, regardless of how much I know, would honestly be a proud and arrogant viewpoint.

I hope that my point is clear. I believe this is partially a misunderstanding. I am not doubting myself, but I know there is a posibility standards have changed, and so when I've been told they have, I check it out.
    Last edited by Lizrd_boy; 05-31-2022 at 04:46 PM.
    My name is Josiah, proud owner of Lenetta and Lea the leopard geckos and Bluebelly the fence lizard.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizrd_boy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-31-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12