Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,111

1 members and 3,110 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Hatchlings

So just a quick update unfortunately 2 of the 6 eggs were deformed with kinked spine, however what is quite unusual is from the pairing pastel X Banana it seems like a bumble bee was produced so I know that my banana did come from a spider pairing but was quite shocked with the outcome 🙈😂

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade0997x For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-11-2022)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 827 Posts
    That's interesting though.... The banana doesn't have a spider pattern? They should have the different pattern if they have the gene. Spiders are also not known to be a kinking gene (unless I think crossed with other spider/champagne/hgw?)

If there were any issues that occured during incubation like a temperature spike and such, that can sometimes cause some really funky patterns as well as kinking or eye issues. Maybe that was what happened here?
    Though without seeing pictures of the parents and the clutch, that's hard to say what happened.

Sorry to hear that it did happen. That really sucks that it happened in your first clutch. Hope the rest hatch out and remain strong and healthy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (07-13-2022),Jade0997x (07-26-2022)

Thanks

Re: Help!! First ever clutch

So they have all shed now and it’s pretty clear that it’s not the spider gene that was present however I did ensure my temperatures remained very consistent through-out incubation as I was abit ocd about making sure everything would go okay. Of the 6 eggs one had a deformity so bad it had to be put out of it misery, and a second one with a linked spine was also born this one however does seem as sever and is able to move around and what not so I have decided to give it a chance. I still do not know what morph the babies are but they are pretty cool looking I have added a link with a picture of both babies and parents. Dad is the banana and Mam is the pastel. The babies also have black belly patterning which I find very odd I would really love to figure out this pattern.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...MSaNjmWxhAVAGX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12