Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,857

0 members and 2,857 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Thermostat choice help

Hey all, I was wanting to know what y,all thought about what I'm trying to decide on thermostats. I currently use 4 Zoo Med RT-600 thermostats on 4 10 gallon aquariums for my BP's. They seem to work great with the heat mats. I have 4 APS T8's I just bought which are 4x2x12inches. I have 4 Pro Heat 75 watt RHP's coming soon. I'm waiting for a Herpstat 6 to become available so I could just use one thermostat for all of them or should I just stick with the Zoo Med's? I can't really decide but if the Herpstat went bad all tanks would be down but if a Zoo Med went bad thats just one tank. I also thought about future breeding possibilities and the 2 extra ports on the Herpstat could be used for lighting or anything else needed. Suggestions on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    I personally don't think I could trust the Zoo Med thermostats on my RHPs. Even though Proheat's RHP are pretty safe, I don't think I would have enough confidence with cheaper thermostats. I don't have Herpstats myself, but I would say go for them if you can as they are seen as the most trustworthy. I personally am running 3 RHPs between 2 VE 300x2 thermostats, leaving me with 4th slot for any future snake I might get etc. I wouldn't worry too much about a Herpstat 6 failing, but having multiple thermostats helps me trust that more as well so I understand where you're coming from.

There's also something strange to me about spending so much on the heating elements themselves just to use cheaper regulators, but if it's all you can do it's understandable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 55fingers For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-11-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Thermostat choice help

Herpstat all the way. If you’re worried about it crashing and having all enclosures down then I’d get multiple Herpstat 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-11-2022),GoingPostal (05-12-2022)

Thanks

Re: Thermostat choice help

Thank you. Thats the kind of input I was hoping for. It makes more sense in buying the Herpstat. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

That is an idea also. Thanks