Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,881

0 members and 2,881 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Dinker project - I'm in hypo mystery hell

Anyone here happen to have any experience with dilute aneries lacking motley?

Quick and dirty history: Sire (anery het ???) bred to Grandam (ghost het amel) two years in a row, producing 38 babies. No hypo-type or snow babies were produced. I kept back a single daughter. I bred the daughter (anery het hypo ph amel thanks to ghost mum) back to the sire and produced 3 hypo-type animals. Hypo a, christmas, strawberry and ultra have been ruled out.
    The babies started out a very odd and very dark cool-gray color but over the last 2 years the male I kept has developed rich brown tones and thick, black-looking saddle borders while keeping very pale gray belly checkers from chin to tail tip. The saddles on the last third are finally starting to gray out as well. He's clearly not sunkissed. It's not lava (too dark as a hatchling, especially the eyes). It's not peach (incomplete dominant, neither parent shows any hypomelanism).

This leaves me with dilute... or new. And gods help me if I end up having found corn snakes a *seventh* hypomelanistic trait.

Hatchling comparison photos:

Myst compared to a (lighter end of the spectrum) anery sibling

Myst with an anery sibling

Myst with a half-aunt ghost

And now, 2 years old:

In shade

In the sun, where he doesn't look hypo at all, but you can see the borders going grey above the tip of my thumb

Belly checkers, showing that he is indeed a hypo still

And finally some comparisons of him with a dilute anery motley (and why I'm not convinced he's a dilute) and a ghost half-uncle

Left: ghost. Top: dilute anery motley. Right: Myst

Left: Myst. Middle: dilute anery motley. Right: ghost

Top: Myst. Middle: ghost. Bottom: dilute anery motley

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiritserpents For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-05-2022),Homebody (05-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Can't help ya with your question, sorry, but cool snakes- we do need more corns & other colubrids around here. The only corns I've bred were Okeetee, & I still have a couple, plus 3 carmel corns.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)