Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,496

1 members and 1,495 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodent Pro

BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Rodent Pro

Hello they are having a deal right now on there rat pinkies and pups im wanting to order for my ATB i bought rat pups last time for her and she took then with no problem so do you think it's worth paying out almost 90.00 with shipping and everything for 100 of them just for the snake? Thanks Aaron
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Re: Rodent Pro

Only if you cant find them locally for .90 or less. You could lower it if you find someone near you to go in on the order with you. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me though! Locally here, rat pups are like $1.50 or so...

Thanks

where are you located? i am about to make a RP order
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

im in Parkersburg West Virginia 26104 yea it seams like alot just for one snake order don't it. I can get them for .69 cents here local.

Thanks

Rodent Pro goes to alot of Reptile Shows, how about finding one near you to save on the shipping cost, make your order and tell them you want to pick up there. I know one of our members did that a few months back by going to the reptile show in Columbus.... if I remember right, it was Lynn.....
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

So im wondering if it would just be cheaper and just keep buying all pupps the rats have and just freeze them myself and save the cost of shipping. The 4 pups i bought the other night cost me 5.50 with tax and everything i only feed Mazon one a week. So what do you all say to this? Thanks Aaron
    Ya but im about 2 hrs away from that show and the cost of gas and the tear car would almost be the same as the shipping just a thought.

Thanks

Yep, that was me. Rodent Pro is at every show here in Columbus, as well as American Rodent Supply (who I'm going to try next). I think I ended up spending around 35 bucks for a bag of large rats and a bag of small rats.

What I did: Got online, sent them an email asking them if they could hold me a bag of large and a bag of small (so they didn't run out before I got there), went to the show. They had the bags waiting for me, with my name on it. Quick, easy, painless... and lots cheaper.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Thanks for posting to that Lynn, I thought it was you who did it! I guess my memory is not totally shot yet.

Wow, what a savings difference in being able to pick them up like that. I do it that way also. In reality though, the cost for shipping from them is justifyable because they have to pack them in ice and stuff to arrive at your door safely and not mushy rodent scicles (sp). But I say, if you can find a way to save, even if it means going to a show to pick them up if that option is available to you, go for it!

Hey Lynn, when you go through the other vendor, could ya please let us know how that goes, as I had no idea they were at the show at the same time..shows how much my one track mind pays attention since I have gotten in a habit of doing things a certain way when I go to a show for specific reasons. Whats the price comparison per rodent compared to Rodent Pro's?
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Ok well i'll just try that then instead of paying out the shipping i've also am wondering if i should go to the next show or wait until the new babies are getting ready to be sold are there many herps being sold this time of year at the Columbus show?

Thanks

RodentPro small rats are 20/bag at .99 cents a piece and their larges are 5/bag at 1.69 a piece. Here's the link: RodentPro

American Rodent Supply smalls are 25/bag at 1.00 a piece and larges are 5/bag at 2.00 a piece. Here's the link: American Rodent Supply

ARS is a little more expensive I guess, but they also vaccuum pack their animals... and the next time I order, it's going to be a big one, and I want the rats to keep.

I've also heard nothing but good about their products, and just want to try something different, see how it goes.

EDIT: They always have quite a few animals for sale at the show, no matter when you go---though, it's true, if you wait till spring, when everyone's hatching and having litters, you'll find a bigger selection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast