Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,708

1 members and 2,707 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Building vs. Ovulation

Thanks for the nice thought. I do appreciate it and this forum’s support and advice.

We have a new breeding female arriving on Thursday to try out for a DG project (well, first ever, haha). A pretty OD pinstripe het DG to pair with our male who worked so hard this year who’s a super pastel YB butter DG.

The female we tried was my first ever BP, a pet given to me, a simple pastel mojave and a virgin. Not sure if that mattered but she’s at least 6 years old and 2000g. We figured we could make some BELs out of them this year but I guess we’re not making anything. :/ We had them in our PVC cages and not in the rack, not sure if that made a difference either. Their own room, so not a lot of traffic, just checked once a day and spot-cleaned/watered/fed weekly.

Here’s hoping next season will go better. We have 3 males up to size and hope to get a 3rd breeding female next month.

Thanks again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    femmefalconer
    Clutch Genetics
    14.16 BP
    1.1 Mid Content Wolfdog “Nox” & High Content Wolfdog “Tawny”
    0.2 Red-tailed Hawks “Asha” and “Nightshade”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to femmefalconer For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-02-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by femmefalconer View Post
    Thanks for the nice thought. I do appreciate it and this forum’s support and advice.

We have a new breeding female arriving on Thursday to try out for a DG project (well, first ever, haha). A pretty OD pinstripe het DG to pair with our male who worked so hard this year who’s a super pastel YB butter DG.

The female we tried was my first ever BP, a pet given to me, a simple pastel mojave and a virgin. Not sure if that mattered but she’s at least 6 years old and 2000g. We figured we could make some BELs out of them this year but I guess we’re not making anything. :/ We had them in our PVC cages and not in the rack, not sure if that made a difference either. Their own room, so not a lot of traffic, just checked once a day and spot-cleaned/watered/fed weekly.

Here’s hoping next season will go better. We have 3 males up to size and hope to get a 3rd breeding female next month.

Thanks again guys.

I have a Virgin girl that I've had for about 4 yrs she's over 2000 grams and the last 2 yrs I've tried to breed her with no luck. I have 3 other girls going this yr so idk if it's a Virgin thing either. Also, my first 2 yrs breeding I used vision cages so I'm sure the pvc cages are fine

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Santiago6621 For This Useful Post:

femmefalconer (05-05-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Sorry, but I think that nature "knows when the time is right" better than we do. Be patient...you'll get there.
    Well, I had her ultrasounded (my vet did it for free) and we saw about 8 follicles measuring 18mm. Is it possible she is just now starting to build and is a late bloomer, or does that sound like she’s absorbing? I wasn’t sure how long it might take her to absorb and which outcome would be most likely. The vet said I can come back to ultrasound again next month.

femmefalconer
    Clutch Genetics
    14.16 BP

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    What a nice vet! I'll let others (that breed BPs) take your question though- I've never bred BPs. I predict you'll see your vet again next month though- I sure would.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

femmefalconer (05-05-2022)

Thanks

That’s the plan. I’ll also pair her again in another 3 weeks and probably go back in a month. I wasn’t sure if during absorption the follicles just shrink rapidly or what that process really looks like. Like if I ultrasounded again in a month, would the follicles just be gone or be like 5mm etc.

femmefalconer
    Clutch Genetics
    14.16 BP

Thanks

Well unfortunately I don’t think she’s going to go this year. I haven’t seen an ovulation and when offered a medium rat yesterday she ate it, so it appears she’s back on food.

It’s sad for my first breeding attempt but oh well. Better luck next year I guess.

How long was she off food? I had a female go off food for a month then rat 1 rat then go off again. She laid a clutch last week

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago6621 View Post
    How long was she off food? I had a female go off food for a month then rat 1 rat then go off again. She laid a clutch last week

She was off food for about a month but ate a rat on Sunday. I have no idea what to expect at this point, lol.

femmefalconer
    Clutch Genetics
    14.16 BP

Thanks

She was off food for about a month but ate a rat on Sunday. I have no idea what to expect at this point, lol.

Keep pairing. Same thing happen to me she ate 1 more rat then went right back off food then laid 3 months later

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Santiago6621 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-05-2022),femmefalconer (05-05-2022)

Thanks

So I know this is 6 weeks later but wanted to add something. I had a female I started pairing in October and she went off food quickly. To me she seemed to thin and I didn't believe she would go this yr so in February I got her back on food and she ate 6 rats in a 12 week span and then went off food again. She's always been a picky eater so I wasn't concerned that she went off food again I've had her since she was 400 grams so I know her habits. So anyways today I decided to changed her bedding try to get her back on food and to my surprise she looked like she glowing she felt full even thought she hasnt eaten in a few months and she has quite the pouch on her so I'm pretty sure she going to ovulate soon. Just wanted to share that sometimes these girls might go back on food and still go. This girl was 1900 grams a few months ago before the 6 small rats and she weighed in at 2200 today after being off food for a little over 2 months ago

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Santiago6621 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-18-2022)

Thanks

Here's the female I'm talking about. Hasn't eaten in 3 months think this was ovulation

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Santiago6621 For This Useful Post:

cincy (06-21-2022)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast