Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,994

3 members and 2,991 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Exclamation BP random injury , help yall

My Normie jst got a bump on his back. it looks like a scab, its circular. but he doesnt eat Live so its no reason to have a injury. why else would a raised bump/scab appear? i did JST upgrade his cage to a bigger one, but that same brand so i dnt even knw why i mentioned it. they wont allow me to upload pics. but ill add a link below. please let me knw what yu think.

Thanks

Re: BP random injury , help yall

- - - Updated - - -

https://imgur.com/a/iJpmNpe INJURY HERE !

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    While I'm thinking about it: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-Post-Pictures

Looks like he bumped or scraped his back on something in his home. Not seeing his enclosure, it's hard to say.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Aya (04-07-2022)

Thanks

bC yu saiid thaat, i just checked the ONLY new thing i added so far and i cant believe it has some poley thing on it ! i actually got this frm the snake section at petco, they should be ashamed of themselves. i added a pic of the item so other beward. LOOK AT ORGINAL LINK

https://imgur.com/9a6m3Hnhttps://imgur.com/9a6m3Hn

Last edited by Aya; 04-07-2022 at 12:32 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aya For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aya View Post
    bC yu saiid thaat, i just checked the ONLY new thing i added so far and i cant believe it has some poley thing on it ! i actually got this frm the snake section at petco, they should be ashamed of themselves...
    I'm not at all surprised- just because something is for sale, doesn't mean you should automatically trust it's safety. Look at all the products for people that face recalls & lawsuits- now remember that our pets cannot verbally complain, so it's more likely that issues with their products go unnoticed. Also, things sold in pet stores for tropical fish are OFTEN dangerous for snakes, because they'll have razor sharp projections (rough edges) inside that fish may not (?) have issues with, but if a snake snugs up inside it will be cut up. OR, they have holes that snakes can get seriously stuck in- they're very dangerous if you have to cut them free!

Keep in mind that reptile supplies are often sold near fish products, & some of the "castles" & "skulls" & other such things intended as fish decor have lots of appeal for reptile keepers, but there are no warning labels & all buyers assume the risks, however unfair that may be. Now you know, & if that were me, I'd be letting the store manager know too. I'm glad it's nothing serious for your snake.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-07-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (04-07-2022),Aya (04-07-2022),Homebody (04-07-2022),Malum Argenteum (04-07-2022)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 839 Posts
    Looking at the pic of your snake, it seems like he should be fine after a shed or two. But because of the way the skin looks, it may not shed as cleanly as it usually would. You may need to up the humidity a little more than usual.

If there's a little bit of skin still stuck to that part of his back after shedding, you can try soaking him and then letting him slither through a damp washcloth you're holding to put a little more pressure on his back, or gently rub a wet qtip down his back and see if it loosens it up a bit.
    The main thing is you do not want to use force or pull too much at the skin yourself or you could cause more damage.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Aya (04-07-2022),Bogertophis (04-07-2022)