Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,701

1 members and 2,700 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piebald combos?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Piebald combos?

Quote:

Will definitely keep this in mind! I think it would be worth the time investment to see what can be done with this combo

Consider also adding the clown gene also. Double recessives are serious projects as well. Your male pied, are you sure he’s just pied? That’s what I was alluding to earlier to you. Pied clowns are a special project. These projects are once again the long road but a rewarding one. Males can breed with multiple females, they just have to have intermittent breaks to rest and feed.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 03-24-2022 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Rewording
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Re: Piebald combos?

Quote Originally Posted by svafnir View Post
    So it's better to be breeding a visual pied to a het pied then, rather than producing all visual pied snakes?
    If you can afford visual females, go for it, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by svafnir View Post
    Cheers for raising the super YB/fire point as well. I've seen some gorgeous snakes produced with the gravel/asphalt genes (especially in combination with pastel) but I honestly don't know very much about these genes. As I understand, they're only visually distinguishable from yellow belly in combos or super forms? In which case do pied gravels/asphalts look the same as pied YBs or does pied make them distinguishable at all?
    As far as I know, single gene Asphalt/Gravel look the same as YB combined with Pied, but there hasn't been a ton of people to work with them, and Pied is such a variable outcome anyway that it's hard to tell the finer details of some morphs. Some Asphalt Pieds look like they have much richer black to me than YB Pied, but it might be just coincidence that the Pied is behaving differently on those particular animals. The Super forms or combined Asphalt + YB are very different looking though.

Super Gravel Pied:

Super YB Pied:

Asphalt + YB Pied:

I can't find a picture of a Super Asphalt Pied, maybe nobody has even made one yet. Here is a Super Asphalt though to give you some idea what it might look like in Pied:
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (03-24-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12