Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,144

2 members and 3,142 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Maturity question

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    A female could definitely build follicles her first breeding season (whatever late winter-early spring after she is born). If that's what it is you would probably feel more than one though. They would be located about 1/3 of the body away from her tail. If its much further down, it's probably just her going to the bathroom soon.
    She does look like it may be a little puffy in a few spots. She is a bit, 'lumpy' for lack of a better word. I guess I will see. Hopefully she absorbs if it is in fact eggs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    If she seems much hungrier than usual you can offer her a half-sized meal midway through the week, but keeping her on her usual diet should be fine as is.

If slugs DID happen, the easiest way to get her back to eating immediately is to do a complete habitat clean out and give her a soak/bath with a couple drops of dish soap midway through. That way you let her drink a little before you start sloshing soapy water on her. That will get rid of any risidual egg odor that will kick maternal instincts in and making her anxious and broody instead of hungry. It may still take a week for her to get back to eating. After that I just feed like normal. Again, if they seem overly hungry, I might offer a 'snack'.
    Thank You so much for the advice. I am hoping that if it is developing eggs that she just absorbs, but now I know if she does lay slugs, what I can do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJpeep View Post
    She does look like it may be a little puffy in a few spots. She is a bit, 'lumpy' for lack of a better word. I guess I will see. Hopefully she absorbs if it is in fact eggs.
    Could be just getting a little chunky. Around 750-1000g or so I have a lot of females that have a bit of a shift in metabolism and need to fast for a little bit, and they usually recognize that themselves for a bit. Lots of new breeders will complain about it because it means they stop putting on weight lol. Time will tell.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (03-13-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Could be just getting a little chunky. Around 750-1000g or so I have a lot of females that have a bit of a shift in metabolism and need to fast for a little bit, and they usually recognize that themselves for a bit. Lots of new breeders will complain about it because it means they stop putting on weight lol. Time will tell.
    Okay cool. Thanks for the input. I think I would rather it be weight and have her fast for a little bit than be eggs already. I'd like her to get some size and grow up a little before all of that. But, if it ends up being so, I will deal with it. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12