Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,990

0 members and 2,990 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Bought as pied possible leopard. Anyone confirm this is a pied and not “ringers”?

I am really not sure when it comes to paradox. I think genetically paradox is a “random” expression and can’t be passed down. However, I am still puzzled with your guy.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

BillyBloodPython (03-12-2022),Daniel_Effler (03-11-2022),nikkubus (03-11-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Re: Bought as pied possible leopard. Anyone confirm this is a pied and not “ringers”?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    I am really not sure when it comes to paradox. I think genetically paradox is a “random” expression and can’t be passed down. However, I am still puzzled with your guy.
    From my understanding there are genetics that predispose a female to having paradox offspring, but it's not something that you can calculate odds on like a morph. I have a female who has produced several with different sires, but still way lower than 1/4 or something a morph would have. Something closer to 1/30 for her. She has had a LOT of large clutches because she is an older girl and huge.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (03-11-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Definitely pied and not a ringer, that's the pied pattern clear as day. Personally I don't see anything to suggest it's leopard. For starters leopard pieds tend to be med-high white and theres none of the typical side pattern lines, see Albert's animal posted above. It looks pretty typical pied to me when it comes to the patterning.

I do see why they might of suggested paradox as there's a lot of hard lined color shifts on the animal. i mean it could be? but if that's the case it looks like both expressions are pied anyways just ones a little darker lol. Only thing that makes me hesitate to say definitely paradox is I've produce pieds with dark patches and i could see this being a less expressed variation of that. That's just being technical about a label tho. its a cool looking animal and that's all that matters.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (03-12-2022),BillyBloodPython (03-12-2022),nikkubus (03-12-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Definitely pied and not a ringer, that's the pied pattern clear as day. Personally I don't see anything to suggest it's leopard. For starters leopard pieds tend to be med-high white and theres none of the typical side pattern lines, see Albert's animal posted above. It looks pretty typical pied to me when it comes to the patterning.

I do see why they might of suggested paradox as there's a lot of hard lined color shifts on the animal. i mean it could be? but if that's the case it looks like both expressions are pied anyways just ones a little darker lol. Only thing that makes me hesitate to say definitely paradox is I've produce pieds with dark patches and i could see this being a less expressed variation of that. That's just being technical about a label tho. its a cool looking animal and that's all that matters.
    Wow, ok. Possibly low expression Paradox? Not seeing leopard? What do you think about that yellowish coloration on the belly? Being piebald gene is a pattern disrupter could that explain the disappearance of checkering along the belly and laterals? Also that piebalds usually have clean bellies (usually white) ? Or are you seeing coloration on the belly?
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 03-13-2022 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Additional wording.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

BillyBloodPython (03-13-2022)

Thanks
    I don't see anything that makes me think paradox. Pied can have a lot of patchiness to them and that's completely normal, and when it's more than that, I'd jump to the theory of Sandblast before paradox.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (03-13-2022)

Thanks

Ok. Thanks. nik, are you seeing anything going on with the belly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Ok. Thanks. nik, are you seeing anything going on with the belly?
    Hey sorry I’ve been inactive on this thread. The yellow is probably the lighting. My living room has warm lightbulbs. Looks pretty white in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Python brongersmai (Blood Python) 1.1.1
    Python Curtus (Sumatran Short-tail Python) 1.1
    Python Regius (Ball Python) 4
    Liasis mackloti savuensis (Savu Python)
    Morelia harrisoni x (Mcdowelli x Bredli) 1.0

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BillyBloodPython For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post

Yeah I’m happy as long as it’s a pied that I can use to cross to my het pied female. Would be fantastic if some other morph shows up of course but he looks so atypical that I thought the pied could actually be hardcore ringers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Python brongersmai (Blood Python) 1.1.1
    Python Curtus (Sumatran Short-tail Python) 1.1
    Python Regius (Ball Python) 4
    Liasis mackloti savuensis (Savu Python)
    Morelia harrisoni x (Mcdowelli x Bredli) 1.0

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BillyBloodPython For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For sure! Atypical and amazing also. Congratulations. Can’t wait to see the babies that he sires.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

BillyBloodPython (03-14-2022)

Thanks
    Looks like a pretty standard Pied belly to me, and they can have yellow on parts of the belly where the white patches don't cover, though usually it's mostly white on the belly.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (03-14-2022),BillyBloodPython (03-14-2022)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast