Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,727

1 members and 2,726 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: New Lacey Act Amendments

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    March 3, 2022
    Dear John:
    Thank you for taking the time to write to me about your opposition to the Lacey Act amendments in the America COMPETES Act. I rely on the input of engaged New Jerseyans like you when making decisions, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
    I have received and processed your letter and deeply value the input that you have offered. I consider civic engagement to be the backbone of our democracy, and you can rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind when considering the COMPETES Act and similar legislation in the future. Again, thank you for contacting my office.
    I am honored to represent you in the United States Senate, and I hope you will continue to contact me and my staff about the issues that are important to you. There are many challenges before us, but I know that if we work together, we will not only succeed, but make our state and nation stronger. For more information on my work in New Jersey and Washington, DC, please visit my website at booker.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Cory A. Booker
    United States Senator

Tell me if I'm wrong, but as I read this, I think Mr. Booker is going to require some more convincing.

I personally think that Mr. Booker missed the whole point and is just trying to talk you into voting for him.
    "Something Clever"

1.0 Paradox Albino KSB - Spotticus
    0.1 Dutch Rabbit - Wendy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spicey For This Useful Post:

Homebody (03-05-2022)

Thanks

March 3, 2022
    Dear John:
    Thank you for taking the time to write to me about your opposition to the Lacey Act amendments in the America COMPETES Act. I rely on the input of engaged New Jerseyans like you when making decisions, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
    I have received and processed your letter and deeply value the input that you have offered. I consider civic engagement to be the backbone of our democracy, and you can rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind when considering the COMPETES Act and similar legislation in the future. Again, thank you for contacting my office.
    I am honored to represent you in the United States Senate, and I hope you will continue to contact me and my staff about the issues that are important to you. There are many challenges before us, but I know that if we work together, we will not only succeed, but make our state and nation stronger. For more information on my work in New Jersey and Washington, DC, please visit my website at booker.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Cory A. Booker
    United States Senator

Tell me if I'm wrong, but as I read this, I think Mr. Booker is going to require some more convincing.
    This is basically what one of my senators replied back. I'm not too worried about them voting for the bill purely on the fact he's republican and so will automatically vote against it because it's a democrat bill. Doesn't matter what's in it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinityblood For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-05-2022),Homebody (03-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityblood View Post
    This is basically what one of my senators replied back. I'm not too worried about them voting for the bill purely on the fact he's republican and so will automatically vote against it because it's a democrat bill. Doesn't matter what's in it.
    Don't count on that. My Republican senator sent me the form letter back stating that she supports the bill.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-06-2022),Homebody (03-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,175 Posts

I received this response from my other U.S. Senator today:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding the Lacey Act. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this critical issue.

The Lacey Act is legislation designed to combat trafficking in “illegal” plants, fish, or wildlife. The statute was amended as part of the 2008 Farm Bill to include protections against illegally harvested lumber.

I understand your concerns about the regulatory burdens associated with complying with the Lacey Act. At the same time, there are legitimate concerns about troubling logging practices used in certain parts of the world. You can be sure I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor the implementation of this legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit by website to learn more about how I am standing up for New Jersey families in the United States Senate.

I think this may have been written by a bot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (06-14-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding the Lacey Act. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this critical issue.

The Lacey Act is legislation designed to combat trafficking in “illegal” plants, fish, or wildlife. The statute was amended as part of the 2008 Farm Bill to include protections against illegally harvested lumber.

I understand your concerns about the regulatory burdens associated with complying with the Lacey Act. At the same time, there are legitimate concerns about troubling logging practices used in certain parts of the world. You can be sure I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor the implementation of this legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit by website to learn more about how I am standing up for New Jersey families in the United States Senate.

Good grief...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Homebody (06-14-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Wowie. I think you are right. Those darn lumber snake poachers...
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-14-2022),Homebody (06-14-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts

Probably a really bad copy/paste based on someone who wrote regarding https://www.barnesrichardson.com/gib...300000-penalty

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-14-2022),Homebody (06-14-2022),nikkubus (06-14-2022)

Thanks

Or a really underpaid secretary or law school-intern
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowfingers For This Useful Post:

Homebody (06-17-2022)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345