Hello everyone, long time reader and decided to make my first post today. I got my first ball python about a month ago and everything is going pretty good so far, she eats real well for me and switching her from live rat fuzzys to frozen rat fuzzys was actually pretty easy and just refused the first one. The only two issues I am having right now is her hot spot and of course keeping humidity up to 50%. But I wanted to tackle hot spot first because I feel like that more important and misting x3 to 4 times a day seems to be helping.

So I have a question for all the herpstat 2 users. I am having an issue with the hot spot area staying at ~90 durning the night when everyone is in bed. Every morning when I go downstairs to flip on lights and grab my stuff to head off to work her hot spot temp says 85 to 86...So I bump it up 3 to 4 degrees and head off to work and by lunch time when I get back home it's back to ~91 sometimes 92 and then I drop it couple of degrees and it holds at 90 for the rest of the day until we go to bed again. So I am wondering will a herpstat 2 keep that hot spot at ~90 with the dimming feature, I feel ~85 is too cold of a night drop. So I am considering buying a one but I don't want to drop 200 bucks and found out it's not going to make a bit of difference.