Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,400

1 members and 2,399 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Breeding Questions.

Hello there! My wife and I just recently purchased a massive Lesser Pastel 100% Het Clown. She is a proven breed and weighs 3700 grams. We are planning a clown project this year and just wanted to get a few ideas on what we should breed her with? have about a $2200 limit on a male! Thanks in advance for and information <3

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 839 Posts
    In the end, it all comes down to looking for what you personally would like. Poke around on morphmarket and see what you like under clowns. Just set the filter to clown and max price as your limit and see if anything pops out at you?

Personally I like the look of leopard in clowns, so that would be my personal first step I think. The leopard really helps make those markings stand out a bit more. And pairing the leopard clown with spotnose is how you get the 'Batman'. Something you could look at further down the line as I think most are past the pricemark you have listed at the moment.
    Otherwise Orange Dream can really help the colors pop on a clown.

There's so many little combos you can make but even just starting with that girl and a visual clown with almost any other morph is a good start. The only thing I would avoid looking at getting unless it's an additional female would be anything in the BEL complex. Like mojave, bamboo, another lesser, special or mystic. I don't know if anyone has photos they can compare under blacklight to look for hidden markings, but if you hit a Blue Eyed Lucy, at a glance who knows if you hit clown or a het.
    Last edited by Armiyana; 01-12-2022 at 01:24 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (01-12-2022),Zchillin (01-12-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Bare minimum visual Clown male. Other than that, hands down first choice would include Enchi because it makes almost any combo look worlds better. Agree Leopard is a good 2nd morph to have in there. Mahogany, Black Pastel, or Blackhead would all be good choices too if you like darker, bolder snakes. Red Stripe would be a top choice if you like great oranges in blushing and flaming. There are some nice Banana Enchi Clowns well within your range if you really like the bright yellows and oranges found in those.

Really it's about what you like, so if you aren't sure, take plenty of time to look around at some options, including more expensive ones, and try and get some ideas what you want to aim for.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-12-2022),Zchillin (01-12-2022)