I think my snake is afraid of me and that makes me really sad. I really try to give him a great life and provide for him well but of course he doesn't " know " that.

Anyway I haven't interacted very much with him over the last few weeks. I have had him since september and he is 6 month old.
I was so busy I took him out of the cage once a week, fed him around once a week. And the majority of the time he is undisdurbed because the cage is in a room I don't use every day.

Now that I have more time again I wanted to focus more attention on him but I don't know how to make a positive connection. Every time I get in front of the glass he seems wary. And when I get him out on my hands he becomes the fastest ball python alife and tries hard to get away. He moves so fast that I have trouble controling him. Not relaxed at all.
And I don't know if ball pythons can musk but every time I have him out for more than 5 minutes I have this very weird undefineable smell on my hands. Doesn't smell like pee.

My temperatures are fine. The cage is not perfect but he is calm when he is alone there and hidden.

In the past I have often gotten him out to do betadine baths because of scratches he got, so I am wondering if snakes have the ability to remember that and he now associates me with bad things. I don't know.

What can I do to make him more calm in my presence? I really don't try to agiate him.