Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,819

1 members and 2,818 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

I got ripped off on some enclosures.

as the title states, i got ripped off on some enclosures today. I blame myself as much as him i suppose. Long story short, he advertised to me 4x3x2 wooden enclosures. i bought 4 of them for 500$. they are kinda nice with the locking plexi glass doors and 3/4 inch plywood. wood is sealed and everything. they need some cleaning and the corners could use some more silicon. 125$ each. I thought, yea thats great. got home and it just seemed off, i measured them and i have now a 3x2x1.... yea kinda mad. like i said, shame on me. btw it was an 8 hr round trip.

i bought these for my ball python and my baby BCI. I thought depending on how big my BCI gets hed be good to go for quite a while in a 4x3x2. but thats not the case now.

my question is what can i use these enclosures for? 3x2x1? they need a heating source still, but I thought they'd be ok for my male BP. and maybe for my BCI (for a little while) but im not sure now, if i were to sell them in a better condition atleast to get my money back, what kind of keepers would be interested in them?

next time... bring a tape measure, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    I assume you paid in cash? Otherwise, maybe put a stop payment... But yes, much of this is "on you" for taking his word for measurements.

As you said, okay for now, size-wise, but not what you wanted & not what you need long-term. Ugh, 8 hours drive too...

Before you drove to get them, you should have insisted on photos that included a yard stick next to them, at the very least. Life lesson, I guess...

Since they're obviously used cages, you need to DISINFECT them to the max also. The thing with used cages is that sellers never tell you (the truth) what the previous occupant died of...get it?
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: I got ripped off on some enclosures.

yep, im an idiot. what good are these cages for long term use?

and yea... it was cash
    Last edited by greg.s; 01-05-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks
    2 things: life lesson & re-sale

Thanks
    Just a few emojis you might find useful....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I just can not imagine how this happened. How did you not realize they were so much smaller? I am guessing you don't have any other cages so they didn't look off so you didn't measure. Maybe just excited. You don't have to answer any of that.

Did the seller list them as 4x3x2 or did you misread the ad or wrongly assume the size? That is a good size difference.

Depending on how this happened I do not believe confronting the seller about it is a bad idea if you think you paid more than you should have. Discuss the issue and see if they will give some money back. They of course have no obligation to and at that point your only real option is taking them to small claims court......if they did in fact mislead you in the ad. If not that is all on you and court will not help. Even with that it may easily cost you more taking them to court than the money you would get back. It will depend on you and if the money or the principal of the matter is most important. Maybe they don't know how to use a tape measure and will give you a little money back leaving you both happy.

On a positive note they do look well made and very sturdy. Honestly if they are really well built $125 each is not terrible, imho.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-05-2022),Hugsplox (01-06-2022)

Thanks

but what could these be good for with dimensions of 3x2x1?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I just can not imagine how this happened. How did you not realize they were so much smaller? I am guessing you don't have any other cages so they didn't look off so you didn't measure. Maybe just excited. You don't have to answer any of that.

Did the seller list them as 4x3x2 or did you misread the ad or wrongly assume the size? That is a good size difference.

Depending on how this happened I do not believe confronting the seller about it is a bad idea if you think you paid more than you should have. Discuss the issue and see if they will give some money back. They of course have no obligation to and at that point your only real option is taking them to small claims court......if they did in fact mislead you in the ad. If not that is all on you and court will not help. Even with that it may easily cost you more taking them to court than the money you would get back. It will depend on you and if the money or the principal of the matter is most important. Maybe they don't know how to use a tape measure and will give you a little money back leaving you both happy.

On a positive note they do look well made and very sturdy. Honestly if they are really well built $125 each is not terrible, imho.
    i confronted this dude, yea no answer i'll probably show the screen shot of the message later

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greg.s View Post
    but what could these be good for with dimensions of 3x2x1?

- - - Updated - - -

i confronted this dude, yea no answer i'll probably show the screen shot of the message later
    Many smaller snakes like a Kingsnakes, Corns, etc.

I have a 3ftx2ftx15inch cage on order for my Mad Hoggy right now.
    KMG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greg.s View Post
    I confronted this dude, yea no answer i'll probably show the screen shot of the message later
    I guess that tells you the kind of person he is. At least you didn't get robbed all together. You at least have what appear to be nice cages.

Now learn where three feet is on your body so you know for the future. When you stood next to it on it's end and it didn't reach your waist you should have known something was up. Or when you slid it in the rear of that vehicle and it fit with ease. When you get a 4ft x 2ft cage you will see what I am talking about. It will be obvious.
    KMG

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-05-2022),Hugsplox (01-06-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast