Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,275

1 members and 2,274 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Animal Plastics "Signature Series"

"The all new AP Signature Series cage line features a proprietary design engineered for a classy look with "EZ Build" features. The AP Signature Series (APS) features an inset/overhang look, unique and proprietary to Animal Plastics. You will be able to identify an APS cage from 20 feet away with the unique design. We are so excited about this line we have begun the process of acquiring a design patent, ensuring that no mimic cages can be produced. This design is available for all cages and custom cages.

The APS line is also faster to produce, box, and ship to help us overcome our long lead times. Furthermore, if you thought our traditional line of cages was a snap to assemble, wait until you assemble the APS line with EZ Build engineering. A design so intricate that we may no longer have to pre-assemble our unites prior to shipping. This will absolutely make an enormous dent in our lead times. Another major benefit to the new design is when they are stacked side by side, the small inset/overhang of the cages allows about 1/2" of air gap between the two cages for better, cleaner ventilation for each individual cage."

Not sure if it's still too early to even ask, but is there any news/experiences on if AP's new Signature cages have any shorter lead times than the base product? I know there's still supply line problems with just about everything so it's probably not possible to accurately judge, but just on the off chance if anyone's heard of this new product line having improved order-to-delivery wait periods I'd appreciate it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-04-2022),EL-Ziggy (01-05-2022),Erie_herps (01-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    Sounds very promising & like they've made some real improvements after listening to customers.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Yes, but my question is if such a claim is true or not, if the lead times for this new product aren't as grueling as the standard line. That if peeps around here or peeps here who know other peeps have ordered from the Signature Series and noticed if there's been any difference in waiting times compared to before.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts

Re: Animal Plastics "Signature Series"

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    Yes, but my question is if such a claim is true or not, if the lead times for this new product aren't as grueling as the standard line. That if peeps around here or peeps here who know other peeps have ordered from the Signature Series and noticed if there's been any difference in waiting times compared to before.
    I have no idea when they started selling their new designs- do you? It may take a while to get feedback, but it's a good question to be asking. And we're still dealing with a pandemic that's causing shortages of personnel in some shipping situations, as well as winter weather issues sporadically, so that's not in their control anyway. But the things they mentioned sound for sure like they're going to at least help the time it takes to get one.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Took a look at old posts and it's only been a thing since, what, October? So still too early as I assumed. Haven't found anything elsewhere on it either in regards to people buying it which is why I asked here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 411 Posts
    In my experience, AP's own estimates of lead times have been accurate enough. Perhaps ask them how far out they are.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I am still waiting for four regular cages I ordered back in August. Not that it answers any of your questions.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not. Even prior to Covid causing the logistical and supply chain issues that it did/is, AP still had some lead time issues. Maybe the new design will help but I think as a company they just take a little longer to get their products out. Personally I don't mind the wait. I've always placed orders well ahead of when I'd need the enclosure so if I have to sit around for 6 months waiting for it it's not that big of a deal. Plus I know the quality of the enclosure I'm waiting on.

That being said, I do encourage people to look at other enclosure vendors. There are other quality options out there. You might spend a little more, but if you can't wait for AP to get something to you the options are there.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-05-2022),Homebody (01-05-2022)

Thanks

I have been waiting on my AP T-8 for months and months...they had projected shipping in December and I reached out to them this week and asked about the Signature Series and if I could switch my order from a regular T-8 to a signature. They said yes and that it would ship out this week...I'm not sure if the "signature" part sped up the delivery timeline or not. I'll letcha all know if I actually receive it soon and how it looks.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempo36 For This Useful Post:

Erie_herps (01-06-2022),KMG (01-06-2022),Snagrio (01-06-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tempo36 View Post
    I have been waiting on my AP T-8 for months and months...they had projected shipping in December and I reached out to them this week and asked about the Signature Series and if I could switch my order from a regular T-8 to a signature. They said yes and that it would ship out this week...I'm not sure if the "signature" part sped up the delivery timeline or not. I'll letcha all know if I actually receive it soon and how it looks.
    Even then I'd still be skeptical. When I asked about my T10 about 6 months in they said it would ship out within the week if not next week.

A month later and it finally arrived.

Hopefully this Signature stuff makes a difference this time for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast