Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

1 members and 3,147 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,909 Times in 840 Posts
    The mix for an urban camo is: super cinnamon, sandblast, het pied, pastel (or super pastel). But yes, for a lot of super cinnamon pieds it's just an all white snake.

The genetics really can be a little weird. But you got it! The breeder was selling him as a pewter(pastel, cinnamon) het pied. But the way that his pattern fades on the lower 2/3rds of his body is not as common in that mix. So I'm hoping he has that extra gene.
    What I'm hoping to do is breed him to my pied girl and pop out an urban camo next year. He is almost big enough to breed this year so I might try him with my super pastel, lesser spider (killer queenbee). But time will tell!
    Sadly sandblast can be super subtle when it's not mixed with cinnamon and pied. So we'll have to see how that goes. But lesser cinnamon pastels can be pretty little snakes too. ❤️

Thanks

Re: Confused by what certain morphs are called

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    The mix for an urban camo is: super cinnamon, sandblast, het pied, pastel (or super pastel). But yes, for a lot of super cinnamon pieds it's just an all white snake.

The genetics really can be a little weird. But you got it! The breeder was selling him as a pewter(pastel, cinnamon) het pied. But the way that his pattern fades on the lower 2/3rds of his body is not as common in that mix. So I'm hoping he has that extra gene.
    What I'm hoping to do is breed him to my pied girl and pop out an urban camo next year. He is almost big enough to breed this year so I might try him with my super pastel, lesser spider (killer queenbee). But time will tell!
    Sadly sandblast can be super subtle when it's not mixed with cinnamon and pied. So we'll have to see how that goes. But lesser cinnamon pastels can be pretty little snakes too.
    That sounds like a really good breeding plan you have going on. I really love learning about these morphs and how they work/interact with each other it's kinda fascinating. I'm definitely going to have to look at some examples of sandblast. It sounds like a subtle gene that is just like a cherry on top of other genes lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Neko_snake For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (12-30-2021)

Thanks

Re: Confused by what certain morphs are called

Yeah it sure gets complicated with champagne, the number of heated discussions I’ve had on farcebook even MM about this guy is unreal. This is a champagne banana Het pied, high white ringer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryTB For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (12-30-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12