Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

1 members and 3,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Having had BPs in my bedroom, it will really depend on two things: how noisy and active they are and how well you sleep. I sleep like a log so I've never had an issue with them. I'm sure people who are light sleepers might have an issue with the rustling and an occasional thump from a climbing BP (depending on how tall your enclosure is).
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    You shouldn't have a problem! I keep mine in my bedroom because I live in a pretty small apartment and prefer to keep my cat closed off from the room they're in. Never been an issue, and aside from a few occasional shuffling noises I rarely hear them at all. I'm rarely ever in my bedroom at all during the day, though; if your bedroom is a more active area of the house you might want to take steps like covering the enclosure with a blanket to minimize the possibility of disturbing or stressing out the snake.

Thanks

Re: Snakes in the bedroom?

It shouldn't be a problem. I have 2 ball pythons in my bedroom. I'll agree it definitely depends on your ability to sleep, your substrate, and your snake itself. Mine's on a quiet substrate so I don't hear them slithering at night. One I don't even hear at all. My other one... Well he's very active and likes to climb so you hear the occasional thump as he's climbing. I try to do a nice long handling secession before bed and that usually calms him down.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm a light sleeper but based on your feedback I feel pretty confident that keeping a snake in my bedroom will be fine. Now all I have to do is graduate from graduate school, get a job, make money for snakes and stuff, and then get one! Lol

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Thanks

My spotnose leopard clown is so important to me has his own single tub rack with his own thermostat and everything he needs (tongs, spay, f10, towels, etc) right next to my bed lol. Would never even know he was there if you didn't open his tub and look.
    “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”

FDR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sp0420 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-14-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,826 Times in 11,845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arpowell View Post
    You shouldn't have a problem! I keep mine in my bedroom because I live in a pretty small apartment and prefer to keep my cat closed off from the room they're in. Never been an issue, and aside from a few occasional shuffling noises I rarely hear them at all. I'm rarely ever in my bedroom at all during the day, though; if your bedroom is a more active area of the house you might want to take steps like covering the enclosure with a blanket to minimize the possibility of disturbing or stressing out the snake.
    Now there's a truly-devoted snarent for you. Worried about disturbing the snake... I love it!

Hey, I just remembered there were a couple times when my 2 "big gals" made some noise- but it shouldn't apply for most snakes anyway. It was when they were laying eggs, so they were quite active for a while- remember these are rat snakes I'm talking about- they were never bred but that hasn't stopped them- they lay 2 "infertile" clutches every summer, with the first clutch being around 25 eggs, so it takes quite a while- but that's the only time that "things go bump in the night" from either of them. They're weird but amazing snakes & I "forgive them", lol. Anyway, it shouldn't apply for most snakes- just my luck.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 12-14-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts
    I have had them in the bedroom. If they let rip a loud fart at 0200 that might wake you up. In my case that didn't wake me but it did wake my German Shepherd who then proceeded to let me know about it (INTRUDER ALERT!!), and that woke me up...

Thanks
    Thanked 19,826 Times in 11,845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    I have had them in the bedroom. If they let rip a loud fart at 0200 that might wake you up. In my case that didn't wake me but it did wake my German Shepherd who then proceeded to let me know about it (INTRUDER ALERT!!), and that woke me up...
    I love it! You never know, some farts are more lethal than others!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    I keep all of my reptiles (no snakes yet though) in my bedroom. So far the only thing I hear are my crested geckos jumping on/off the screen and the thermostat.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I love it! You never know, some farts are more lethal than others!
    Try retic farts LOL

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-14-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast