Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,825

0 members and 2,825 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Does this look like a super enchi?

I'm looking to purchase this super enchi female but I am starting to be skeptical. At first the seller said they would only accept friends and family and I told them no and they backed out. They then messaged me this morning saying that they would accept goods and services.

I really want this girl but I'm starting to feel nervous about it. The seller has no ratings and only this one snake listed. I feel better knowing that I can get a refund if anything were to go wrong but I don't want to go through that hassle. I'm not super familiar with the enchi gene but from what I can gather, she does seem to have the super enchi headstamp. Beyond that, I'm pretty clueless. Do you think it's a safe bet to order?

https://imgur.com/gallery/9gpkDvG
    Last edited by Frosted; 11-27-2021 at 09:28 PM.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Does this look like a super enchi?

I would steer clear of this one for a variety of reasons.
    Assuming it is a '19 super enchi @1200 grams: based on head patterning alone...the rest of the enchi markers are not what I would consider 'high expression' (for the super form).
    If you do buy it: do check the gender immediately on arrival....it is impossible to accurately determine from a photo, but, the body shape appears streamlined...there are much better 2020-2021 male specimens available at the same price point.
    Last edited by Lord Sorril; 11-27-2021 at 10:29 PM.
    *.* TNTC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (11-27-2021)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 827 Posts
    I saw a couple beautiful snakes posted from a breeder on MM yesterday as well, but friends and family was a turnoff for any future purchases.
    Personally, I don't trust anyone using friends and family for sales. They're already breaking Paypal TOS to avoid paying fees or to avoid the new tax laws. Not worth my time trying to see if they're trustworthy. And if paypal finds out, I don't want my account frozen along with theirs.
    I say this as someone who's conducting an art oriented business through paypal. lol. Any fees are my responsibility, not my client's.

She's pretty, but to me she looks more like a single gene enchi in some sunlight to enhance the colors more? She could be a lower expression super, but no way to tell without breeding her.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-27-2021),nikkubus (11-28-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    It looks iffy to me whether or not its super.

Regardless, I would run the other direction after that interaction, even after they changed their mind. Paypal can be really iffy about live animal transactions, so I just would not take the risk. It's extremely suspicious to me they would ask for friends and family ONLY. When sellers offer me a discount, it's my CHOICE, that's one thing, not that I would ever take them up on that unless they had a very strong reputation. Demanding friends and family is a different story and screams scam.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (11-27-2021),Bogertophis (11-27-2021)

Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies! I am definitely going to stay away from this one. I've been questioning whether or not she was super enchi from the moment I saw her. I got excited because I was looking for a subadult/adult female super enchi to work into my plans next year but I've spent tons of time doing comparisons and I just find it hard to believe she is super enchi.

That on top of the iffy payment details is enough. I guess I just wanted some reassurance haha! There are some gorgeous female supers around the same price range from reputable sellers, I just didn't want to have to raise one up as I have a male I'm super excited to work with next year. Guess I'll just have to be patient!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Better safe than sorry! I'm so glad you're asking questions first. There's no shortage of nice snakes available- no reason to accept one with "alarm bells" going off.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (11-28-2021)

Thanks

Re: Does this look like a super enchi?

Agreed! The price on her was making me a bit skeptical as well.

I can be a bit impulsive (especially with reptiles) and when I was growing up my dad would always tell me "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." I've always kept those words with me and it's definitely helped me more than once along the way.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosted For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (11-28-2021),Bogertophis (11-28-2021),nikkubus (11-28-2021)