Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,656

4 members and 2,652 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Thread: Help decide

Thanks

Help decide

I cant make up my mind to save my life which would be the better choice what would you choose? i definatly want a banana

Banana Killer Bee
    Leopard Bee
    Banana Super Pastel
    Banana Phantom
    Banana Pewter Bee
    Banana Enchi Pastel
    Banana Pastel Butter
    Banana butter bee enchi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Just for a pet or to breed?

For a pet I would choose Banana Pewter Bee or Banana butter bee enchi. For breeding it depends what I already had and what projects I had in mind but likely Leopard Bee or Banana butter bee enchi.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (11-27-2021)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 839 Posts
    Is this for a pet or for breeding?
    They're all beautiful for different reasons. I would choose a banana phantom or possibly the banana butter bee enchi personally.

If it's the right price and the look you want? Go for it!
    I do recommend doing research into the spider gene if you haven't already though. Just to be aware of wobble and potential issues with stress and all.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-27-2021),nikkubus (11-27-2021)

Thanks

Re: Help decide

Future breeding. No other ball pythons at this tome

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    So if for breeding, I think Enchi is an important staple, especially in Banana lines. It's going to help them hold their color a lot better and bring out the best of the oranges and pinks as hatchlings. Pewter is is good choice in Banana combos because Cinnamon really helps the purples, but the Pastel is going to drown out some colors in any of these Bee combos so you have to keep that in mind. Some people really love the Pastel Bananas, others don't, but you should get some with and some without in a clutch so you can select holdbacks based on your preference. Butter or Phantom would be great choices if you want to create BELs, but keep in mind, you are likely not going to be able to identify any additional morphs in BEL's, so a Banana Bee BEL is going to look like and sell for the price of a plain old BEL. Leopard has some really drastic pattern modification and is pretty hot on the market right now. Leopard x Banana Enchi would be a stellar pairing if you can afford two and they happen to be different sexes, but I wouldn't buy them both if you don't have any experience with BPs. I'd aim to start with a female before male if you need help narrowing it down, as females take a lot longer to mature, and saving up for big $$$ males while you get in some practice caring for just one is better than buying a cheap male and investing in expensive females down the road. One male can breed 3-6 females per season depending on experience, so naturally it's a smarter investment to spend more money on males than females.

Hope that helps some!
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-27-2021)

Thanks

[ got it they are all males only female they have us a leopard bee.
    QUOTE=nikkubus;27664. 54]So if for breeding, I think Enchi is an important staple, especially in Banana lines. It's going to help them hold their color a lot better and bring out the best of the oranges and pinks as hatchlings. Pewter is is good choice in Banana combos because Cinnamon really helps the purples, but the Pastel is going to drown out some colors in any of these Bee combos so you have to keep that in mind. Some people really love the Pastel Bananas, others don't, but you should get some with and some without in a clutch so you can select holdbacks based on your preference. Butter or Phantom would be great choices if you want to create BELs, but keep in mind, you are likely not going to be able to identify any additional morphs in BEL's, so a Banana Bee BEL is going to look like and sell for the price of a plain old BEL. Leopard has some really drastic pattern modification and is pretty hot on the market right now. Leopard x Banana Enchi would be a stellar pairing if you can afford two and they happen to be different sexes, but I wouldn't buy them both if you don't have any experience with BPs. I'd aim to start with a female before male if you need help narrowing it down, as females take a lot longer to mature, and saving up for big $$$ males while you get in some practice caring for just one is better than buying a cheap male and investing in expensive females down the road. One male can breed 3-6 females per season depending on experience, so naturally it's a smarter investment to spend more money on males than females.

Hope that helps some![/QUOTE]

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 839 Posts
    For further down the line...Cinnamon and enchi are allelic, so that could be something to shoot for later on. It really makes the oranges pop. I'm crossing fingers on hatching an enchi coral glow this season to mix into my pewter/pied projects for later on.

I'm with Nikkubus on getting a good starter female. Raising them up is a waiting game but so rewarding ♥ Along with giving you experience with the species.
    Leopard bee is still not too bad of a start, but again on that spider gene, you won't want to breed her to a male with spider as you can potentially end up with babies dying in the egg or shortly after hatching.

If you do start with one of these males, you may end up looking into buying older females which will cost more as they approach breeding size. There's some nice choices for projects regardless if you know where you want to go and like Nikkubus, I'd say banana butter bee enchi if you go with a male. That means you have a few options on females later on. Something like a cinnamon or mojave single gene female can still result in some beautiful hatchlings without breaking the bank.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (11-27-2021)

Thanks
    Got it narrowed down to 2 either the banana butter bee enchi or banana super enchie

Thanks

Went with the banana super enchi thanks everyone for the advice