Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,943

4 members and 2,939 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Help! Mystery eggs ID and general advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Balls View Post
    If you look at pics 2 and 4 you can see that faint yellow sack that’s connected to them. That’s their yolk sack, you can also see it just barely in pic 1. Once they’re done absorbing them they will come out of their eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do they ever hatch before they absorb their yolk sack? How soon to natural hatching do they absorb their yolk?

So sorry for all the questions. I'm fascinated.

And thank you again!!!!!!

Sent from my Note 9P using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marigoldmenagerie View Post
    Do they ever hatch before they absorb their yolk sack? How soon to natural hatching do they absorb their yolk?

So sorry for all the questions. I'm fascinated.

And thank you again!!!!!!

In some unfortunate events they will come out of their egg with the yolk sack still connected but I don’t have much experience with that and wouldn’t be able to give much advice there. But there’s plenty of info on here about it. They’ll normally stay in until it’s all absorbed then you’ll see heads popping out and a few days later they will get the courage to come out of their eggs. Ask as many questions as you’d like, I have no problems answering any

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" -Kurt Cobain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow Balls For This Useful Post:

marigoldmenagerie (11-10-2021)

Thanks

In some unfortunate events they will come out of their egg with the yolk sack still connected but I don’t have much experience with that and wouldn’t be able to give much advice there. But there’s plenty of info on here about it. They’ll normally stay in until it’s all absorbed then you’ll see heads popping out and a few days later they will get the courage to come out of their eggs. Ask as many questions as you’d like, I have no problems answering any

Thank you for this. I will reply back to this thread once they poke their sweet lil heads out!!!!

Thanks

I look forward to the updates lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow Balls For This Useful Post:

marigoldmenagerie (11-10-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    If they come out with yolk sac it's best to isolate them in a small, very sterile container with very high humidity until they finish up. Shouldn't take more than a couple extra days. I don't have it happen often with BPs so it's unlikely you will have to deal with it.

Looks like Snow Balls has done a great job covering your questions so far, and I agree with everything said.

Genetics wise, who knows what the father is. She looks like she has more than just G-stripe. It's hard to say being a morph I have never worked with, but seems like there is more to it. Could be a very low-white Spider perhaps in the mix. Do her eyes look green to you? She probably retained sperm from prior to the person your got her from owning her. Sorry they were such a jerk to you

I'll do my best to help ID hatchlings when they have had their first shed. Glad you have gotten this far considering you were absolutely not expecting eggs!
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-03-2021),marigoldmenagerie (11-10-2021),Snow Balls (11-10-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Genetics wise, who knows what the father is. She looks like she has more than just G-stripe. It's hard to say being a morph I have never worked with, but seems like there is more to it. Could be a very low-white Spider perhaps in the mix. Do her eyes look green to you? She probably retained sperm from prior to the person your got her from owning her. Sorry they were such a jerk to you

I'll do my best to help ID hatchlings when they have had their first shed. Glad you have gotten this far considering you were absolutely not expecting eggs!
    I was going to add, I would not under any circumstances do business with whoever sold you again. That person sounded like he didn’t know what he was doing to begin with. I’m also very impressed with you being able to come up with an incubator and incubating these eggs successfully full term. Like Nikkubus said I will also do my very best to help ID these snakes once they shed

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snow Balls For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-03-2021),marigoldmenagerie (11-10-2021),nikkubus (11-10-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    If they come out with yolk sac it's best to isolate them in a small, very sterile container with very high humidity until they finish up. Shouldn't take more than a couple extra days. I don't have it happen often with BPs so it's unlikely you will have to deal with it.

Looks like Snow Balls has done a great job covering your questions so far, and I agree with everything said.

She seems to have dark eyes, it's hard to tell as she has aggression issues, but I'd say it seems a much darker colour than my pastel, who has quite clearly green eyes

Thank you for your support!

Thanks

I was going to add, I would not under any circumstances do business with whoever sold you again. That person sounded like he didn’t know what he was doing to begin with. I’m also very impressed with you being able to come up with an incubator and incubating these eggs successfully full term. Like Nikkubus said I will also do my very best to help ID these snakes once they shed

He literally told me I was a "stupid girl" and that "this isn't really a ladies hobby". I was so insulted I just hung up. Trust me, I will never do business with them again.

Btw he also told me that Hendrix was a ' het mohave ' which isn't possible....

Again, thank you so much!

Last edited by marigoldmenagerie; 11-10-2021 at 02:07 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to marigoldmenagerie For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-03-2021)

Thanks

He literally told me I was a "stupid girl" and that "this isn't really a ladies hobby". I was so insulted I just hung up. Trust me, I will never do business with them again.

That’s ridiculous, there’s plenty of women in this hobby that I’m sure are far more successful breeders and keepers than he is anyways. I don’t blame you for hanging up. A het Mojave isn’t even possible lmfao

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snow Balls For This Useful Post:

marigoldmenagerie (11-10-2021),nikkubus (11-10-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

I would consider the source, and take absolutely no offence on that basis alone. He is in no position to be calling anyone else stupid. While if you want to get technical, a Mojave IS a "het Mojave" because het means they have one copy of a gene, you certainly can't have a BP with a hidden recessive Mojave gene, and practically nobody calls a Mojave a "het Mojave". He sounds like he either has no clue what he is talking about, or pretending not to in order to rip people off, or both.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-03-2021),marigoldmenagerie (11-10-2021)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast