Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,814

0 members and 2,814 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Can you keep two female bearded dragons in the same enclosure?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    As far as I know, a UVB light that's 3-4' away from the dragon's body is way too far away to help (prevent MBD). Please think more about that. Or did you mean it's 3-4' long?

Also, I'd personally never use a PVC enclosure for a bearded dragon, because they need good air circulation & dry air. They carry lots of bacteria+ & with the warmth & any humidity, you might be inviting health problems. Also depends on how big your mesh panel is, but I'm being cautious.

Haha no the enclosure is still only 2ft tall, the uvb will be 3-4ft long, not 3-4ft away from the enclosure. The mesh panel is pretty big and runs along the entire enclosure so that likely won’t be an issue.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luckylukey For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-15-2021)

Thanks

Re: Can you keep two female bearded dragons in the same enclosure?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    T5s are I think right around 34 inches long, so length wise you'll be fine but I want to echo Boger's comment about the height. The further your bulb is the less UVB your animal gets. Now those T5s are great for dragons, and at 14% are super strong so you can adjuster the height as needed, but I think 3-4 feet is a little much.
    No, I meant that it’s 3-4ft long and sitting on the mesh at the top of the enclosure. The mesh isn’t thin so I’m opting for a 14% rather than a 12% since the mesh is going to mess with the effect a bit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luckylukey For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (11-15-2021)

Thanks
    I reached out to someone who has successfully cohabitated bearded dragons and they said that this would work out fine. They also recommended having another temporary enclosure on hand just in case they become aggressive. If you did decide to try this they would need plenty of climbing branches, basking spots, hides, other ways to get out of sight from the other dragon, etc. If you added multiple basking areas made of slate they would likely get enough UV.
    Of course if you don't want to do this you don't have to. But I personally recommend it since they can learn from each other and interact. If you decide to try this I would recommend the 3' high cage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12