Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 585

3 members and 582 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 72,053
Threads: 246,070
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, AK/AZ

Thread: Ponzu the clown

Thanks

Ponzu the clown

Ponzu is my first (and for now anyway, only) snake - I have been keeping tarantulas in quarantine and wanted something more interactive that could learn to trust me and be handled. I was initially pretty overwhelmed by just how many morphs and options there are in BPs but gravitated to killer clowns, particularly ones with just a very, very thin line of black outlining their white markings. I narrowed it down to 3 ads on morphmarket, sat on it for a month, and checked back and found they were still available so I picked out my favorite of the three. I've had him about 2 months now and he's just great, a happy little guy who eats anything I dangle in front of him.

He's a twin too, a fraternal one - his brother is a different morph, though they came from the same egg (he's the big spoon here):

He started out quite small being a twin, here he is after a few sheds:

And this week with me, he just hit 400g. I have a feeling he's not content being a little guy and is going to wind up pretty big, he's already 30" long and still growing fast

He's a killer lesser clown, and both his parents have fire so he may wind up having that too, but I'm not sure. I go back and forth on it looking at comparison pics of superfly clowns. In any case I'm happy having him as a pet for now. He's getting stronger and more active too - when I used to handle him, he'd lay on my forearm like a blob and I had to be careful not to let him slide off - now when I go get him out he wraps his tail firmly around my arm and this lets him extend the rest of his body out to explore. This has the fun side effect of letting him grab ahold of doorknobs, curtains, and anything else I walk by while carrying him, so he's more of a handful but fun to have around

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plateOfFlan For This Useful Post:

AutumnVanilla (10-29-2021),nikkubus (10-29-2021),sp0420 (10-29-2021)