Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,007

0 members and 3,007 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: My little pinstripe

Quote Originally Posted by JJpeep View Post
    Hey, thanks for chiming in. And thanks for the compliment, or rather, she thanks you😉. I actually did look into the mahogany. Especially the Suma line.
    She's welcome. Really is a good looking snakelet. Lovely colouring to her. A real eye catcher.

And yeah, getting a female mahogany this year and will look to get a male next year as I want to produce my own Suma's in due course. What an immense looking snake the Suma is (for me).

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Some ideas of what morphs might be interesting to see if they are allelic or the reaction would be: Banana, GHI, Mahogany, YB, Pastel, or some BEL complex stuff.
    And sticking to mahogany, imagine getting a pinned suma hatchling? Is there a name for that yet? A 'Spuma'?
    I'll probably forget by the time you've read this...

Thanks
    So I looked up mohagany pinstripe. The color is similar but even that morph has more light color going up the sides of the belly. It is a pretty snake though.
    Last edited by JJpeep; 10-25-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks

If you are wanting to get to the bottom of what she has, the Bee is probably going to make it even harder to tell what's going on. You should do something you are passionate about so if it ends up being a fluke, you still get something cool and progress in a project you like.

If it were me, I'd try to stay away from breeding her with anything that had strong control of pattern. I'd pick a combo male so I can attempt to see the reaction what she has with other morphs. Some ideas of what morphs might be interesting to see if they are allelic or the reaction would be: Banana, GHI, Mahogany, YB, Pastel, or some BEL complex stuff. While breeding her to a Normal, you have more of a clean slate, the hatchlings will be tougher to sell, and I think you would be able to tell enough as long as the pattern isn't messed with badly, may be able to see even better because of a strong reaction with another morph making what it does less subtle.
    Obviously, she just hatched in August. So I'm gonna have to wait a few years LOL. We only have 5 BPs right now. Three are female and 2 are male. My Dad really likes the spinners, lemon blasts and things like that. But I actually would really like to see what she could create with things that don't mess with pattern like you mentioned. I could always get a classic pin for him. Only other male I have is a Banana Cinnamon Butter. I could always grab another male one day in the future if I don't use him either. I understand the statement you made about being passionate in a project but I would like to see the potential this snake has. Just to see if she actually creates something different or if something comes out in her babies that gives up the answer to what she may be carrying in her gene pool. Would be interesting. I'm gonna have to settle on what I would actually like to breed her with. Like I said I have a few years to make that decision. But would I do light like banana or dark like mohagany? Hmmm? I am also interested to see what she is going to look like as she matures.

Thanks

I actually have been tempted a few times to buy aystic potion. I think they are really beautiful. I was leaning toward a female. But maybe I'll look for male. Since that is in the BEL complex. Maybe I could pair her with that and see what comes up?

Thanks

Wow cool pinstripe even the face is completely dark brown and the pin has almost nothing on the sides and towards the tail is almost straight lines. Super cool, thanks for sharing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sp0420 View Post
    Wow cool pinstripe even the face is completely dark brown and the pin has almost nothing on the sides and towards the tail is almost straight lines. Super cool, thanks for sharing!
    Thanx. She really is something. I looked at her the other day and she even looks darker. Can't wait til she sheds for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJpeep View Post
    I actually have been tempted a few times to buy aystic potion. I think they are really beautiful. I was leaning toward a female. But maybe I'll look for male. Since that is in the BEL complex. Maybe I could pair her with that and see what comes up?
    While Mystic and Mojave mess with pattern a bit, there should still be plenty to get an idea of what might be going on. The heavy blushing and flaming might really illuminate something interesting about the color, and you might see some interesting effects inside the alien heads. It's worth a shot imho when she is old enough if you decide you want to get into breeding.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

While Mystic and Mojave mess with pattern a bit, there should still be plenty to get an idea of what might be going on. The heavy blushing and flaming might really illuminate something interesting about the color, and you might see some interesting effects inside the alien heads. It's worth a shot imho when she is old enough if you decide you want to get into breeding.
    I do like the mystic potions, those are cool. It would be interesting to see what she would create. In your opinion what morph tends to leave the pattern alone the most? I would consider every option really. I do have time to decide.
    And thank you again Nikki is, you have been a great help.
    Last edited by JJpeep; 10-25-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I think those are pretty good choices. When selecting your Mystic Potion, I'd try to find one with the most upper pattern you can though. Some almost look like typical BEL, while some still have very small alienheads or leftover dots that fade out at the bottom and a strong dorsal stripe.That way the Mojave and Mystic that makes them up goes easy on pattern a bit.

Like as an example this little guy would be a better line for this specific purpose

vs this guy who is gorgeous but might make it more difficult

Special probably messes with it the least of the BEL complex, but it's also the hardest to ID and might not be the best choice for that reason.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

I think those are pretty good choices. When selecting your Mystic Potion, I'd try to find one with the most upper pattern you can though. Some almost look like typical BEL, while some still have very small alienheads or leftover dots that fade out at the bottom and a strong dorsal stripe.That way the Mojave and Mystic that makes them up goes easy on pattern a bit.

Like as an example this little guy would be a better line for this specific purpose

vs this guy who is gorgeous but might make it more difficult

Special probably messes with it the least of the BEL complex, but it's also the hardest to ID and might not be the best choice for that reason.
    You bring up helpful tips. Upon researching mystic potions I did come to realize they vary in color and pattern. I actually like the ones with a little bit of a darker dorsal and alien head pattern anyway. So that is a win, win for me. Plus I would like to go down a direct path for how to see the genes react in the best way with the two snakes. Should be an interesting journey. I'll have to be on the look out for a classic looking pinstripe for my Bee het clown boy now😂

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345