Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,450

0 members and 2,450 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Is this just an enchi or does he have other stuff in him?

He's a very bright colored one with brown spots, the enchis i see online are a very noisy yellow and have black spots.

Thanks

Re: Is this just an enchi or does he have other stuff in him?

Oh and he's about 5 months old, a male.

Thanks
    Do you know what the pairing was?

Nikkubus should be along shortly and be able to answer all your prayers, but I'm going to give the suggestion of pastel or fire in the mix there and wait to be corrected.

Doesn't appear to have any fading on the head in the image though so could be waaaaay off the mark with my best guess! DG even? I dunno, just throwing random genes in there now hoping I look like I know

But knowing the pairing will surely help those who know better than me to provide you with a more complete answer.

Pretty boy you have there too
    I'll probably forget by the time you've read this...

Thanks

I'm not sure, but i'll ask the seller.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I don't think it's just Enchi. Strong possibility for Lesser or another BEL family morph that is similar. Side pattern wise, Pastel really fits the bill, but color wise and head stamp wise, not so much, so if it's there, it's a weak version.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    I don't think it's just Enchi. Strong possibility for Lesser or another BEL family morph that is similar. Side pattern wise, Pastel really fits the bill, but color wise and head stamp wise, not so much, so if it's there, it's a weak version.
    I checked with the guy i bought it from and he said the original breeder also gave them enchi mojaves and enchi pastels, but they said they do not know the original pairing.

so it might be an enchi pastel.

Thanks
    I doubt Mojave is in there because that particular BEL complex morph removes a lot of the bottom part of side pattern, but there is a good chance if the breeder works with Mojave, they also work with other BEL morphs. No way to know for sure though what was the pairing was based on other animals that may not even be siblings or half siblings.

If I were to purchase him the first thin I'd pair him with would be some BEL complex morph to test that theory out and see if I got any BELs.

Thanks

I doubt Mojave is in there because that particular BEL complex morph removes a lot of the bottom part of side pattern, but there is a good chance if the breeder works with Mojave, they also work with other BEL morphs. No way to know for sure though what was the pairing was based on other animals that may not even be siblings or half siblings.

If I were to purchase him the first thin I'd pair him with would be some BEL complex morph to test that theory out and see if I got any BELs.
    He's my first pet snake so I couldn't and probably wouldn't breed him, he's too young anyway, but i know that's not what you meant.

But if it helps, he has green eyes, which i've heard is a pastel thing? not sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by felixrocket View Post
    He's my first pet snake so I couldn't and probably wouldn't breed him, he's too young anyway, but i know that's not what you meant.

But if it helps, he has green eyes, which i've heard is a pastel thing? not sure.
    Yeah, I wouldn't breed him at his age or without having a lot of information and thinking things through, I just meant if I needed to figure it out for the purpose of breeding. If he would just be a pet, doesn't really matter what he has if you like how he looks, and he is a cutie!

Green eyes can happen from a lot of different things. Pastel tends to cause an olive toned green on its own, but in combos it can be brighter green. As far as I can tell, Enchi by itself doesn't cause green eyes.

Thanks

Yeah, I wouldn't breed him at his age or without having a lot of information and thinking things through, I just meant if I needed to figure it out for the purpose of breeding. If he would just be a pet, doesn't really matter what he has if you like how he looks, and he is a cutie!

Green eyes can happen from a lot of different things. Pastel tends to cause an olive toned green on its own, but in combos it can be brighter green. As far as I can tell, Enchi by itself doesn't cause green eyes.
    I do find him amazingly beautiful, but the green eyes do confirm that he's not just enchi then?
    Do you think it is likely that he is an enchi pastel? since he came from the same breeder who bred an enchi pastel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast