Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,588

3 members and 1,585 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Threaded View

Thanks

New BEL with pink blotches

Greetings all.

Today I came into possession of a BEL (Mojave/Russo) who looks not to be in great shape. When I first got her home and checked her over there was a small speck crawling on her, which I am presumptively treating as a snake mite and keeping her quarantined (as I would anyway). However she was kept on woody substrate and my hope is that this was some other kind of bug, as I do not see any other mites in her pits/eyes/cloaca. I am still leaning towards treating her empirically.

She also has some concerning pink spots on her. I previously owned a big albino female who would occasionally get pink blotches from pressing against the edges of her hide, but this looks obviously different. One consideration is that her previous owner fed her live (I will be switching her to f/t) and I wonder if her prey could have hurt her. The other thought is mite bites. She is very timid but not aggressive.

Other than that, she seems okay. Per previous owner she eats and sheds. With me she does not seem lethargic or ill. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about these blotches. If they don't clear up after her first shed with me or if she exhibits any other problems, I will take her to the vet. She also doesn't have a name yet... Open to suggestions. Thank you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shasta For This Useful Post:

AutumnVanilla (10-08-2021),Bogertophis (10-08-2021)