Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

2 members and 3,382 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    An interior doors are easy an cheaper to remove from the studs. Then you could remove a jack stud or studs an the cage will fit in any room. If you can’t do it yourself CA prices would be under 1K. Under $200 in my AO to remove an reinstall.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,826 Times in 11,845 Posts

Re: CWD Enclosure too big for Indoor

Quote Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    An interior doors are easy an cheaper to remove from the studs. Then you could remove a jack stud or studs an the cage will fit in any room. If you can’t do it yourself CA prices would be under 1K. Under $200 in my AO to remove an reinstall.

Good luck!
    Are you talking about modifying the home's doorways? I think you missed the part about this being his parent's home, lol. And they're just "not that into it"...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Are you talking about modifying the home's doorways? I think you missed the part about this being his parent's home, lol. And they're just "not that into it"...

Not modifying any doorway. Removing the door an frame an maybe a hack stud. Move the cage in an rehang the door. Clean up would take longer then removing the frame. Removing a jack stud is five minutes, less with a Sawzall.

I still say call the builder an take it a part.

Good luck!

Thanks

Not modifying any doorway. Removing the door an frame an maybe a hack stud. Move the cage in an rehang the door. Clean up would take longer then removing the frame. Removing a jack stud is five minutes, less with a Sawzall.

I still say call the builder an take it a part.

Good luck!
    Unfortunately for this enclosure it isn't just remove screws and cut.
    Also. We aren't talking about length here. We are talking width.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime_ls3 View Post
    Unfortunately for this enclosure it isn't just remove screws and cut.
    Also. We aren't talking about length here. We are talking width.

As I stated, call the builder. Using a Nerf blade (if screws can't be removed) would give you six pieces. That being the top, sides, back, front and bottom. Then I would screw an glue it back together. If it was steel an welded, the welds would be cut an reweld. If it was built it can be taken apart. Heck, today molded stuff can be cut up an put back together without showing a seam. There are a ton of ways to "fix" your problem. Some would require more skill then others. You could turn the cage into a modular set up. A saw, some channel, screws an caulk would give you a three piece cage.

Removing a door an frame (an jack studs if needed) could be easier. Talk to the builder (first) an any carpenters (framers if removing a door, cabinet guys for the cage) you know. Work smart not hard!

Good luck!

Thanks

As I stated, call the builder. Using a Nerf blade (if screws can't be removed) would give you six pieces. That being the top, sides, back, front and bottom. Then I would screw an glue it back together. If it was steel an welded, the welds would be cut an reweld. If it was built it can be taken apart. Heck, today molded stuff can be cut up an put back together without showing a seam. There are a ton of ways to "fix" your problem. Some would require more skill then others. You could turn the cage into a modular set up. A saw, some channel, screws an caulk would give you a three piece cage.

Removing a door an frame (an jack studs if needed) could be easier. Talk to the builder (first) an any carpenters (framers if removing a door, cabinet guys for the cage) you know. Work smart not hard!

Good luck!
    I'm sure it can be done. I will ask and see... I just don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a 'repair' like this. Which is what will happen I'm sure. Damn

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If you can sell the cage you might get 80%. Building a new one would be x + any loss from the first one. Shoot for half your replacement cost if modding the cage or removing the door frame an studs an replacing. If you move an the cage goes with you it’s that fee again plus 10%.

But friends of friends an family might do it for dinner. Check all your options before jumping.

Heck somebody on this forum might live close an have skills.

Good luck!

Thanks

If you can sell the cage you might get 80%. Building a new one would be x + any loss from the first one. Shoot for half your replacement cost if modding the cage or removing the door frame an studs an replacing. If you move an the cage goes with you it’s that fee again plus 10%.

But friends of friends an family might do it for dinner. Check all your options before jumping.

Heck somebody on this forum might live close an have skills.

Good luck!
    I made a deal with the builder and he is willing to make me a smaller one but I return this one, and he keeps the money as well. Great deal I might lose some features but at this point it's a sure thing so far

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12