Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 906

2 members and 904 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    It arrived today!

It's over halfway assembled but the instructions for some reason have you put the top panel on, but then take it off to apply the sealant? So I just didn't put the top panel on yet and am waiting for the sealant to cure.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    Hooray! Can't help with your assembly question (maybe they just want you to be sure exactly how it goes on & that it fits?), but I'm glad your wait is over & apparently it got there safely too, which is never a "given". Many things are taking longer to ship & arrive these days, & there's many reasons for that. People who build things are also experiencing delays in getting needed materials shipped to them, so that messes up their estimates too. Not everything is in our control, or theirs, so always consider that before you blame or complain. People with good business reputations are generally doing the very best they can under the current circumstances.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 11-14-2021 at 12:11 AM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Spicey (11-15-2021)

Thanks
    From the sound of the instructions the sealing thing is optional? Anyway, going to give a day or so to cure then I'll finish getting it all set up, decorated and dialed in so I can monitor it for a time before the big boy moves in. It's exciting.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Re: Still waiting on my T10

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    From the sound of the instructions the sealing thing is optional? Anyway, going to give a day or so to cure then I'll finish getting it all set up, decorated and dialed in so I can monitor it for a time before the big boy moves in. It's exciting.
    It is optional.

I think they have you take the top off to make it easier to seal. I didn't do that though and sealed it once it was all together.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    Well, it's all but assembled now. Going to give it another day for the sealant to cure further. I decided to just screw in the roof panel and finish sealing top end, though I was a dummy and tried doing the last seam upside-down which led to a glob getting on the back panel and now there's an ugly smear. Can just hide it with decor I guess.

In hindsight though, I wish I went for the full 4x2x2... The 15" height feels rather short, even if I never did see him utilize climbing opportunities I offered back when he was in a tank. But alas, far too late now, and at the time I was on limited funds anyway so I had to be conservative. On the bright side I didn't go with the even shorter T8 (12" height) like I initially planned.

Also how does the lock work? Are you supposed to leave the "key" in the lock to keep it locked? Or does the smaller one do that? Quite confused as to how that works.

Thanks
    I only seal the bottom seam.

The 15 inch is good once you start stacking them because you can stack 3 or 4 without being crazy tall..... Depending on what the first one is on and how tall you are. My 3 are on a regular height table so they're pretty tall, but I'm tall enough to see in the high one and clean fine. But my wife would need a stool. 24 inch get yeah real quick when stacked.

I leave the keys in my locks but it's just my wife and I so I don't have anybody else to worry about.
    Last edited by KMG; 11-15-2021 at 12:15 AM.
    KMG

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (11-15-2021)

Thanks
    The instructions did say to not bother sealing the top seams as it was unnecessary, but I did it anyway because I'm paranoid or something idk.

And I mean, there won't be any other snakes for a long while yet so I wasn't exactly worried about "stackability" at this time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

The instructions did say to not bother sealing the top seams as it was unnecessary, but I did it anyway because I'm paranoid or something idk.

And I mean, there won't be any other snakes for a long while yet so I wasn't exactly worried about "stackability" at this time.

You’re only sealing the bottom because they expect there to be some moisture down there. That maybe pee, water from the bowl, water from you misting, etc etc. It’s just a way to keep the enclosure from leaking. I’m glad your enclosure finally came in, and I think you’ll find that the 15inch height is plenty for a BP. Once mine got use to the enclosure, he made, and still makes, use of the entire thing.

Also about the key, you don't HAVE to leave them in if you don't want to. I have a 2 year old so I leave mine on top of the enclosure out of reach. The lock itself will keep the door shut without the key in it.

Thanks
    While on the subject, how exactly do RHPs work again? I will have it on a thermostat obviously but do I just put the probe somewhere under where the panel? And would I need any other heating element or is the RHP sufficient enough on its own?

Thanks

While on the subject, how exactly do RHPs work again? I will have it on a thermostat obviously but do I just put the probe somewhere under where the panel? And would I need any other heating element or is the RHP sufficient enough on its own?
    It could/should be sufficient alone. Depends on the room and how cold it can get. I keep a cold home so my snake room needs a oil filled heater to help air temps.

For my probes this is what I do.
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...91#post2359891
    KMG

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (11-15-2021)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast