Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

1 members and 2,876 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,794 Times in 11,828 Posts

Re: Still waiting on my T10

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    In hindsight, the wait feels longer because I got it well after the snake itself already arrived home due to my indecisiveness in what his permanent enclosure would actually be, so my impatience is higher than it would be normally since I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs looking forlornly at my BP sitting in a tub while I see a bunch of other owners online with their BPs enjoying a full PVC home. A strange form of envy in other words.

But for the next time I'll ideally have already had an order filled out ahead of time before I even put down a cent for a new occupant (which would be my coveted VBBRS), it wouldn't be moving into it immediately anyway as it'll be in a quarantine tub for a couple months or so be default, and if I do order from AP again it'd be from their new signature cage series which would supposedly mean a shorter turnaround time.

The biggest hangup however, once again, is the size. Even now I still hear so much back and forth about if blue beauties ultimately grow to 6-7 feet to 8-9. Only thing I know for sure is I want one that's 4' tall for arboreal opportunities, but I'm perpetually mulling over if 6' is long enough for a permanent home or if I need to go for the full 8 footer, because I really don't want to go through multiple enclosures as it grows and would prefer a one-and-done quarantine tub to adult enclosure type of deal.
    You know what they say, right? "A watched pot never boils." Yes, you need to divert your attention to other things while you wait.

As far as their maximum growth, it all depends on how long snakes live, & like anything else, that depends on them having good genes, good care (w/ plenty of food & proper temperatures), plus good luck (to avoid illness & injury). So really, NO one can tell you how big yours might get- ever notice how many kids get taller than their parents? So even assessing the breeders won't guarantee the ultimate size of any snake you get- snakes grow their whole life, but growth just slows down when they get older.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    It's been a month since I got the reply email that my T10 is "in the works" and "ready to ship within the week" and my mother keeps getting on my case about it as if I can just demand that they ship the cage on command.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Move out. Lol!

My mom hates my snakes and doesn't understand them at all. Luckily that's no concern to me because.... My house my rules.

Just be glad she's letting you have it. The Blonde Hognose I got a few months back was bought from a guy that bought it without permission and when he got home his mom said, "NOPE!" I was nice and paid him what he spent.

So it could always be worse.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Move out. Lol!
    If I had the means, I would've been gone a long time ago. But even now that I have a job it's not even remotely possible, I'm just not making enough money (I don't even have nor can I afford my own car at this time to put things in perspective). The price of, well, everything going up sure doesn't help either...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

The price of, well, everything going up sure doesn't help either...
    It sure doesn't!

Vote!
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

If I had the means, I would've been gone a long time ago. But even now that I have a job it's not even remotely possible, I'm just not making enough money (I don't even have nor can I afford my own car at this time to put things in perspective). The price of, well, everything going up sure doesn't help either...
    I'll be honest- your priorities are a bit off. You should be putting money aside for your own car instead of taking on more pets. Having your own car will help you get to a better job, to be self-supporting & getting your own life together, & THEN you can work on getting your dream pets. Right now, getting more pets is self-defeating & keeps you "stuck" at home, even though it makes you feel good for the moment. There will ALWAYS be factors like "the economy" to point to & blame- that's just an excuse.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (11-08-2021),nikkubus (11-06-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I'll be honest- your priorities are a bit off. You should be putting money aside for your own car instead of taking on more pets. Having your own car will help you get to a better job, to be self-supporting & getting your own life together, & THEN you can work on getting your dream pets. Right now, getting more pets is self-defeating & keeps you "stuck" at home, even though it makes you feel good for the moment. There will ALWAYS be factors like "the economy" to point to & blame- that's just an excuse.
    My mother's pretty adamant on not letting me get anything else anyway. And now that I'm actually doing something with my life instead of sitting in front of a computer wasting my time all day I'm not dwelling on it as much either.

Thanks

My mother's pretty adamant on not letting me get anything else anyway. And now that I'm actually doing something with my life instead of sitting in front of a computer wasting my time all day I'm not dwelling on it as much either.
    She's got the right idea, though maybe not for the same reason, lol. (ie. some parents would prefer that we never grew up & moved out on our own, but that's probably not in your best interest.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    She's got the right idea, though maybe not for the same reason, lol. (ie. some parents would prefer that we never grew up & moved out on our own, but that's probably not in your best interest.)
    Oh no, they definitely want me to leave. Not in a "kick me out" fashion but they do want to see me gain independence and, well, be a proper adult. It's just taking me a long time to get there...

Thanks
    Well, stick with it- it's worth it. In fact, independence is habit-forming, lol.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (11-08-2021),nikkubus (11-06-2021)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast