Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,798

2 members and 2,796 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Still waiting on my T10

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    ......and now there's this https://apcages.com/pages/coming-soon-stayed-tuned "
    COMING SOON!! STAYED TUNED

SOMETHING INCREDIBLY EXCITING IS HAPPENING SOON!.......

Well this is Cool, Here's the new design enclosures. Looks like price is the same, pick your design:

https://apcages.com/pages/ap-signature-series-cages

AP Signature Series

The all new AP Signature Series cage line features a proprietary design engineered for a classy look with "EZ Build" features. The AP Signature Series (APS) features an inset/overhang look, unique and proprietary to Animal Plastics. You will be able to identify an APS cage from 20 feet away with the unique design. We are so excited about this line we have begun the process of acquiring a design patent, ensuring that no mimic cages can be produced. This design is available for all cages and custom cages.

The APS line is also faster to produce, box, and ship to help us overcome our long lead times. Furthermore, if you thought our traditional line of cages was a snap to assemble, wait until you assemble the APS line with EZ Build engineering. A design so intricate that we may no longer have to pre-assemble our unites prior to shipping. This will absolutely make an enormous dent in our lead times.
    Another major benefit to the new design is when they are stacked side by side, the small inset/overhang of the cages allows about 1/2" of air gap between the two cages for better, cleaner ventilation for each individual cage.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

AutumnVanilla (10-23-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well this is Cool, Here's the new design enclosures. Looks like price is the same, pick your design:

https://apcages.com/pages/ap-signature-series-cages

AP Signature Series

The all new AP Signature Series cage line features a proprietary design engineered for a classy look with "EZ Build" features. The AP Signature Series (APS) features an inset/overhang look, unique and proprietary to Animal Plastics. You will be able to identify an APS cage from 20 feet away with the unique design. We are so excited about this line we have begun the process of acquiring a design patent, ensuring that no mimic cages can be produced. This design is available for all cages and custom cages.

The APS line is also faster to produce, box, and ship to help us overcome our long lead times. Furthermore, if you thought our traditional line of cages was a snap to assemble, wait until you assemble the APS line with EZ Build engineering. A design so intricate that we may no longer have to pre-assemble our unites prior to shipping. This will absolutely make an enormous dent in our lead times.
    Another major benefit to the new design is when they are stacked side by side, the small inset/overhang of the cages allows about 1/2" of air gap between the two cages for better, cleaner ventilation for each individual cage.
    Considering their track record even pre-2020, color me skeptical. Would be nice if that proves true, but otherwise I can't say I'm fond of ordering from them again anytime soon, if ever.

Speaking of which, I did finally get an email reply.

Except this was sent on the 12th (which in itself was some time after I sent the voicemail). Haven't heard anything since, certainly no notification about it being shipped. Can't say I've been pleased with their communication prowess.

Thanks

I ordered 6 t8 from them in July, so it’s bulk instead of the quick ship promise. I emailed them and was told within the first quarter of the year….I’m in no rush but hey they got their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I don't know. I'm just not feeling anything negative about it, but I knew going in there was a wait. Maybe that's it's though. I knew there was a wait and ordered before I was in a position of need so I have no stress. Or maybe it's because I know most nice custom cages take awhile..... Good things come to those that wait?

The AP quality is certainly worth the wait in my opinion. Sure you could order elsewhere and maybe get them quicker.... But will they be better.... Or even as good. Probably not.

As for communication. I don't need much of that. When they ship they'll let me know and that's all that matters to me. No word simply means I'm still waiting. I don't need them wasting time telling me and everybody else that we're still waiting. I have that figured out.
    Last edited by KMG; 10-24-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Aerries (10-24-2021),Hugsplox (10-25-2021)

Thanks
    I find it hard to believe that AP is unmatched in quality. The price for the quality probably but not the overall pinnacle of craftsmanship. I get that good things come to those who wait and I'd like to think I have some patience in my soul but nearly a year is stretching it if you ask me, especially when their competitors have significantly shorter wait times for what's essentially the same type of product.

I would be more gracious about the whole thing considering the perpetual supply problems everyone is plagued with, but going by personal accounts in this very forum their logistics and production speeds have been an issue long beforehand.

Maybe my tune will change once it eventually gets here and I actually get to experience the item I put down all that money for, as keep in mind I've never had a PVC setup of any kind before, but for the time being I'd be lying if I said I haven't gotten a little irked by now.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    "I find it hard to believe that AP is unmatched in quality."

Well, they aren't ARS caging(8-10 week wait). But one is a metal rack system an the other is CDPVC. I haven't found another cage using 1/2"CDPVC, yet. An I've tried to get a Master Cabinet maker to copy one for me. He couldn't beat the price an time wise it would be a wash (unless he or I had sourced everything first).

Where AP shines for caging is the larger ones. The wait sucks. The only thing I know that is worse would be the ATF. Waiting on stamps can take a year. While your 40K investment is siting in jail waiting on to Gov to approve ownership an transfer for what you paid for.

If you don't want the wait. Find another cage you like. Buy it an after it gets delivered cancel the AP. AP will refund your money. If the cage is built an done they will do a refund after they sell it.

Me, I just ordered another T60 an I really need a T100. Or a bigger house just for the snakes.

The wait is worth it.

Good luck!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 303_enfield For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (10-25-2021),KMG (10-24-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    "I find it hard to believe that AP is unmatched in quality."

Well, they aren't ARS caging(8-10 week wait). But one is a metal rack system an the other is CDPVC. I haven't found another cage using 1/2"CDPVC, yet. An I've tried to get a Master Cabinet maker to copy one for me. He couldn't beat the price an time wise it would be a wash (unless he or I had sourced everything first).

Where AP shines for caging is the larger ones. The wait sucks. The only thing I know that is worse would be the ATF. Waiting on stamps can take a year. While your 40K investment is siting in jail waiting on to Gov to approve ownership an transfer for what you paid for.

If you don't want the wait. Find another cage you like. Buy it an after it gets delivered cancel the AP. AP will refund your money. If the cage is built an done they will do a refund after they sell it.

Me, I just ordered another T60 an I really need a T100. Or a bigger house just for the snakes.

The wait is worth it.

Good luck!
    At this point this is more about future caging. I've already waited this long for the T10 so it'd be dumb to cancel the order now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I agree there are some others that are the same or better. Like 303_enfield said the big ones really start adding up though. Other than AP I like PVCcages ( http://pvccages.com/ ). They're awesome and great for my GTP and ETB. Building the ones out I wanted was much more than AP. I just couldn't justify it having AP as an option.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (10-25-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Building the ones out I wanted was much more than AP. I just couldn't justify it having AP as an option.
    This was my thought too. The price of a AP enclosure, for the quality product you get, is great. I can't justify spending $200-$300 more just to get something a few weeks faster. I looked into Kages and a few other places before putting in my first AP order and for the price I feel like I went the right direction with AP. I also ordered it well in advance of actually needing it, which I think is the advice I'd give to OP for next time. Personally, I think we're just spoiled with places like Amazon who will get you what you want next day, if you have to wait for something people lose their minds.

You're also right about AP being slow way before covid or any current supply chain issues caused by covid. They're a small family-owned business catering to a single hobby. They're not like say Central Garden & Pet that own Zilla, Aqueon, Kent, and Coralife, so they're in more than one hobby. They're only doing this one thing and, in my experience, when you have a company that only produces one thing, that thing is typically good. It’s been said here many times, you show your support with your money. If you're unhappy with the wait, product, or communication, don't buy from them again.

At the end of the day, AP is very transparent on the front end about the wait time. Its our responsibility to determine if we can afford the wait, and if not find other options.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (10-25-2021),Bogertophis (10-25-2021),KMG (10-25-2021)

Thanks
    In hindsight, the wait feels longer because I got it well after the snake itself already arrived home due to my indecisiveness in what his permanent enclosure would actually be, so my impatience is higher than it would be normally since I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs looking forlornly at my BP sitting in a tub while I see a bunch of other owners online with their BPs enjoying a full PVC home. A strange form of envy in other words.

But for the next time I'll ideally have already had an order filled out ahead of time before I even put down a cent for a new occupant (which would be my coveted VBBRS), it wouldn't be moving into it immediately anyway as it'll be in a quarantine tub for a couple months or so be default, and if I do order from AP again it'd be from their new signature cage series which would supposedly mean a shorter turnaround time.

The biggest hangup however, once again, is the size. Even now I still hear so much back and forth about if blue beauties ultimately grow to 6-7 feet to 8-9. Only thing I know for sure is I want one that's 4' tall for arboreal opportunities, but I'm perpetually mulling over if 6' is long enough for a permanent home or if I need to go for the full 8 footer, because I really don't want to go through multiple enclosures as it grows and would prefer a one-and-done quarantine tub to adult enclosure type of deal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast