Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,000

3 members and 2,997 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Still waiting on my T10

Now, I'll preface this and say that I know that AP takes a long while to fulfill orders even on a good day, and covid delays have been making wait times even worse for everybody. But even so, it's been over 6 months now without a word and my mother keeps asking me about "when the snake thing I ordered is supposed to get here" and I don't have an answer for her. And it goes without saying that it's a sunken cost situation at this point since I've already waited this long, paid in full and the RHP I ordered to be installed with it was already shipped to their facility a few months prior (and Pro Products has been having their own supply issues so I got off lucky there), so there's no backing out now.

Should I just call or email them for an update? I'd hate to be that guy since I imagine they're getting calls like that all the time but, the wait's getting to be a little too much...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Re: Still waiting on my T10

18-34 weeks is their lead times right now and you're still within that at 6 months. Even 6 months ago the lead times were upwards of 30 weeks, and while I understand the frustration it is what it is. We did warn you that this wouldn't be a quick order. Wouldn't hurt to send a email or call just to check in but that doesn't mean you're gonna get something shipped out tomorrow.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-30-2021),Caitlin (09-30-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    Price of materials has increased a lot in the last few months as supplies have dwindled.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...309dae0354cf53

Last edited by bcr229; 09-30-2021 at 06:54 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-30-2021),Caitlin (09-30-2021)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    The only update you'll get is when it ships. Drop an e-mail or call. Did your Pro-Heat ship to AP already?

If you even think you'll get another snake, place the order now for the cage!

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 303_enfield For This Useful Post:

Caitlin (09-30-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I am waiting on four cages myself. I knew going in they were way behind so I am not worried about it. I did order cages before I usually would have though trying to make up for the wait time. By they time I get them the intended residents should be close enough in size to move from where they are to their new home.

I would just explain to your mother they are a well known and trusted cage maker in the reptile industry. They are doing their best with what they have and you will get you cage. That is a fact. Maybe not when you thought but you will get it.

I don't even remember who I ordered my current 4ft cages from but I ordered three together. This was 10 years ago so no covid nonsense getting in the way. It took me over a year to get all three and that was not explained or expected. I was not pleased.

Once you get the AP cage you will be nothing but happy which is why I went with them even knowing of the long wait time. They are very nice.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (10-01-2021)

Thanks

I ordered a T8 in early May and checked in with them a few weeks ago and they said they were anticipating late October or early November for mine to ship. That's around 24-28 weeks. So they ARE moving forward...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempo36 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-30-2021),Gocntry (10-01-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    Sent them a message earlier today, guess I'll get a response tomorrow.

Part of the reason is because I'm a few days into my new job (the pet sitting one I mentioned before, for the first time I feel like I naturally fit into a job and my boss has already said how great I'm doing) so there's that feeling of things finally moving forward in my life. That and I want to try a basking lamp + UVB for my BP once the enclosure gets here so I can see how that plus the extra space makes any difference in behavior (i.e. not being a rock 24/7) since I heard so many owner accounts happening as such with their BPs. Even if it doesn't change his behavior in any significant way, I want to do it to provide the very best for him. No snake of mine is going to live out their whole lives in a dark tub under my watch, that's for sure.

So with both factors in mind, I have admittedly grown a little impatient. But I'm aware that I will still have to wait a while yet, just mild frustration is all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-01-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tempo36 View Post
    I ordered a T8 in early May and checked in with them a few weeks ago and they said they were anticipating late October or early November for mine to ship. That's around 24-28 weeks. So they ARE moving forward...
    I ordered a T18 in May, June and July as funds allowed. So that's a good sign

I received this on May 21st "Due to the current order volume we unfortunately have to ask that you
    PLEASE ALLOW APPROXIMATELY 18-26 WEEKS FOR MANUFACTURE"

So Hopefully my shipments will arrive before Christmas, and I can get the bigger snakes into a new home

I know since then it has moved up to 18 to 34 weeks currently, and the sale on the T10's has ended

and now there's this https://apcages.com/pages/coming-soon-stayed-tuned "

COMING SOON!! STAYED TUNED

SOMETHING INCREDIBLY EXCITING IS HAPPENING SOON!

I don't understand that though... they haven't been able to keep up on their shipping for years I believe, but their going ahead with new stuff???

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    ...I don't understand that though... they haven't been able to keep up on their shipping for years I believe, but their going ahead with new stuff???

It's a BUSINESS. They want to grow & they're already well-known & respected. What's not to understand? And being slow hasn't hurt them yet? (that says they don't have much competition)
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (10-01-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    I don't understand that though... they haven't been able to keep up on their shipping for years I believe, but their going ahead with new stuff???
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    The cage and rack I ordered from them..... Different times...... Arrived in the time frame quoted at that time. This was a good while ago. Way before covid.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast