Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,707

0 members and 2,707 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Mold/ Egg Separation

I actually have two different questions. One being that pink mold dots have started to develop on my 50 day old eggs. They’re very close to hatching and still have veins, so I’m not to worried about it. I was just wondering if it is normal. They do have those raised calcified bumps as well, but I believe they were like that when laid. 2nd I was wondering if anyone knew how long before hatching eggs separate. I had two that were attached to each other and when I went to put a little anti fungal powder on the eggs today I noticed that they were no longer really connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I don't get that particular kind of mold on my eggs, but your environment can play a factor. I wouldn't worry too much about it if they still have good veins. Some level of mold is normal in such moist environments.

As far as the eggs detaching, that's a good sign they are really close. A lot of the times mine are still connected when they hatch, though the bond is weakened.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-23-2021),ReptileRant (09-22-2021)

Thanks

Re: Mold/ Egg Separation

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    I don't get that particular kind of mold on my eggs, but your environment can play a factor. I wouldn't worry too much about it if they still have good veins. Some level of mold is normal in such moist environments.

As far as the eggs detaching, that's a good sign they are really close. A lot of the times mine are still connected when they hatch, though the bond is weakened.
    Ok, I’ve had it on one egg from a past clutch. I believe it may have something to do with water getting on the eggs, or maybe because of the incubation median I use. (vermiculite). That’s good to hear! I can’t wait for the babies to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk