Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,885

0 members and 2,885 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Is my BP a pinstripe morph?

Hello, I was curious if anyone can confirm that the BP I got is a pinstripe or not? She also looks close to a spider as well. I am new to this and obviously I'll still love her either way. Lol. So I'm just curious.

Last edited by Jslantz94; 09-21-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Re: Is my BP a pinstripe morph?

I'd never call myself a morph expert, but he looks pinstripe to me. Someone more experienced will have to comment on if they see another morph visable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (09-21-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    From what I can tell just Pinstripe.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (09-21-2021),Snow Balls (09-29-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    From what I can tell just Pinstripe.
    Okay good to know!

Thanks
    She looks to be in blue in the second image. If you haven't seem her post shed yet, she's going to amaze you once she's in her new colours.

Nikkubus is the undisputed genetics encyclopedia here, and I'd agree with their assessment that she's just pin.

Spider doesn't tickle my taste buds personally, too anxious over the head wobble that can occur with them, but it is possible to breed it out apparently so there is good spider specimens out there if you carry on collecting and like the spider gene!
    I'll probably forget by the time you've read this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    She looks to be in blue in the second image. If you haven't seem her post shed yet, she's going to amaze you once she's in her new colours.

Nikkubus is the undisputed genetics encyclopedia here, and I'd agree with their assessment that she's just pin.

Spider doesn't tickle my taste buds personally, too anxious over the head wobble that can occur with them, but it is possible to breed it out apparently so there is good spider specimens out there if you carry on collecting and like the spider gene!
    I don't think I'm the undisputed expert. I have made some oversights here and there, but probably have a larger pool of knowledge than most. It really depends on the morph/combo.

You may be think of a Spinner which is Pinstripe + Spider? Pinstripe on it's own doesn't have the spider wobble stuff

Thanks

I don't think I'm the undisputed expert. I have made some oversights here and there, but probably have a larger pool of knowledge than most.
    You are to me and probably many others, and the most knowledgeable to the best of my (limited) knowledge!

You may be think of a Spinner which is Pinstripe + Spider? Pinstripe on it's own doesn't have the spider wobble stuff
    Apologies, I should have been more clear. I meant just the spider gene. I am a fan of the pinstripe having a breeding enchi pin here. Pairing her with the pastel spotnose this season, hoping for a large, successful clutch, strong genetics and some nice visuals ��
    Last edited by Bleh; 09-21-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    I'll probably forget by the time you've read this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post

Yes she shed earlier last week about 3 or 4 days after we got her, and yes she is definitely beautiful!

And that's why I was wondering, because I was trying to avoid the spider morph for that reason. The pet shop owner said she was a pinstripe and I figured she was. I just wanted to ask people who were more experienced with ball pythons specifically.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jslantz94 For This Useful Post:

Bleh (09-23-2021)

Thanks
    Spinner (Pinstripe + Spider) would have really reduced black striping to where it was more dashed on the dorsal and almost no black striping on the sides so I don't think you have anything to worry about there

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bleh (09-24-2021)