Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,856

2 members and 2,854 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Can anyone help with the morph?

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone can help with our Leo's morph. She seems to be changing by the weeks and once I think I have it nailed down, now she developed an orange tail with little spots that she didn't have two weeks ago. I know they do change. I guess I didn't expect the orange to show up in the tail since it was so light before. I'm going to go ahead and post a couple pics.
    https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil..._181453000.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

Tried to get a close up of the eye. Sometimes they look peach in color and sometimes they don't. Sorry so blurry.

Thanks
    Here is the other little girl we picked up the same day. I am right by saying she is a blizzard? She is almost always white and tends to turn a dusty grey when she isn't on her heat side of the tank.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 827 Posts
    Your second baby definitely sounds like a blizzard and looks like one from the headshot. Does she have any marking on her tail at all? If not, I would say blizzard.

That other girl is stunning. I'd be hesitant to call her a carrot tail because of the bands breaking up the orange and the fact that the tail tip looks regrown. Sometimes regrown tails act differently than the original colors, so there may not have been that much orange color to the original. Either way, I'd say she is a gorgeous super hypo tangerine albino. Did they tell you anything about her history or parentage?

Hopefully someone more versed in the current leopard gecko lingo will get back to you with a better answer as I've been out of the loop for a bit with them. I only recently picked up a male to kick up my leo habits again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

dakski (09-12-2021)

Thanks
    The blizzard has no color in the tail. She has a faint yellow hue on her sides close to her belly. But that is it. Unfortunately, I know nothing of their lines. It was a 'grab bag' sort of a thing. We got them at the expo we got our BPs from. The Leo breeder was selling a large amount of baby Leo's and their were so many. We just grabbed the two we really liked. Thank you for your responses by the way😁

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Can anyone help with the morph?

Not great with morphs, but I do keep a Leo - Carra, who is a sunglow and is 9 years old in October.

Both are beautiful.

Good luck with them and if you have any Leo questions, feel free to ask - just not a morph question .

Keep us posted.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (09-12-2021),JJpeep (09-12-2021)