Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

1 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    How long ago did you place your AP order?

I ask because I've been waiting a year for mine, and young snakes can grow a fair amount in a year's time. Depending on your snakes, and the speed of your shipment, you may be stuck with an enclosure that might be too small for two snakes by the time it arrives.

For what it's worth, my male 4 year old male has a T10 all to himself. He doesn't utilize all that space often, but when he's feeling wiggly he stretches out to almost its full length. It's easier to find accessories for bigger tanks as well, and with so many options for decoration and enrichment, it hasn't been an issue keeping the tank cluttered enough for him. He's stopped nose-rubbing too, which used to be an issue once he started to outgrow his tub. The RHPs are secured with screws, and although I haven't removed mine, it does look easy enough to do if you do ever want to go out to 48" in the future, and holes for the screws in another tank are easy to drill in the PVC with a power drill (or you can have AP pre-drill them for you if you end up getting an second enclosure). Depending on your snakes, your situation, and what type of habitat you're looking to provide, your mileage may vary.
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow Emperor Pin BP- Horatio
    0.1 Hypo Black Pewter Butter- Gin & Tonic (Ginny)
    1.0 Piebald Cat- Percival Henry

Thanks

Re: General Feelings on a 24" setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengil View Post
    How long ago did you place your AP order?

I ask because I've been waiting a year for mine, and young snakes can grow a fair amount in a year's time. Depending on your snakes, and the speed of your shipment, you may be stuck with an enclosure that might be too small for two snakes by the time it arrives.

For what it's worth, my male 4 year old male has a T10 all to himself. He doesn't utilize all that space often, but when he's feeling wiggly he stretches out to almost its full length. It's easier to find accessories for bigger tanks as well, and with so many options for decoration and enrichment, it hasn't been an issue keeping the tank cluttered enough for him. He's stopped nose-rubbing too, which used to be an issue once he started to outgrow his tub. The RHPs are secured with screws, and although I haven't removed mine, it does look easy enough to do if you do ever want to go out to 48" in the future, and holes for the screws in another tank are easy to drill in the PVC with a power drill (or you can have AP pre-drill them for you if you end up getting an second enclosure). Depending on your snakes, your situation, and what type of habitat you're looking to provide, your mileage may vary.
    I placed my order in May when my BP was ~7 months old and last time I talked to them last week they were saying delivery in September or October. So hopefully he'll be about 1 year old...the new BP will only be 6 months old at that point and will be living in a tub both for QT and because she'll be too small for the AP for quite a while I imagine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12