Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,065

2 members and 3,063 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Reptiles2You vs ShipYourReptiles

Anybody have experience with both? pros/cons?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries
    BP.Net endorses ShipYourReptiles and works with SYR to bring new shippers discounted rates. As the founding platform for shipping reptiles, SYR has everything you need to get the job done, including shipping supplies, packing/shipping tutorials, shipping insurance, and expert customer service. Highly recommend!

If you are new to shipping reptiles, go to shipyourreptiles.com and sign up for an account. You can order shipping supplies and get detailed instructions on how to ship at the ShipYourReptiles website. When you are ready to book your first shipment, use discount code BPnet40 to get 40% off.
    - Emily

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-07-2021),nikkubus (09-07-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I've used both in the past but mostly have been using SYR because it's a little cheaper and has some really nice tools to make sure you are doing things correctly. If you need to modify a label, it's really easy with SYR customer service. I had a customer decide at the last minute to change hubs after I had already bought the label and it was less than 5 mins to fix. The only complaint I can think of is if you go through them for shipping supplies, order in advance while they have what you need because sometimes they do run out of stock for a bit.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Re: Reptiles2You vs ShipYourReptiles

I am not new to SYR.

I've shipped 34 boxes of snakes w/SYR in the last 13 months, mostly colubrids in small 6x6x6 boxes; just recently started sending BP's in 10x10x10 boxes.

I've been browsing the BP listings on MM for about an hour per day for the last few weeks, trying to get a feel for the current market. I can't help but notice that many sellers use the carrier that isn't endorsed by this forum and charge only a $55 flat rate to anywhere in USA. I've gotten cheaper than that on many, many occasions with the 6" boxes weighing <1 pound. But shipping BP's in the 10" boxes seems disproportionately expensive w/SYR. To be fair FedEx prices are not what they were 10 years ago, and a box weighing between 1.1 pounds to 5.0 pounds is billed for 5.0 pounds.

I will say that twice FedEx has claimed that my prepaid 6" boxes were a 1/4" too large and charged me extra, but SYR intervened and paid for those increases.

Had I been aware that this forum endorsed SYR I would not have posted this question as it's unreasonable to expect unbiased responses. I am going to give the other carrier a try with the next 10" box. I will not post comparisons here unless they favor SYR.

Over & out.