Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,028

3 members and 3,025 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Orange dream piebald or regular?

She was sold as a piebald possible orange dream, she looks like an orange dream to me but I would like to see what you guys think, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Size/age?

I doubt it unless she is no longer a hatchling, and even then it's unlikely. I would expect the headstamp to be a bit more obvious even in a subadult. A hatchling should have a lot brighter orange, less of the brown tones, and the dorsal striping should be fairly clean yellow. An adult should look basically the same but as if it had been partially sun bleached, the oranges turning to creamy orange and the browns to khaki, thought the dorsal stripe doesn't stay as clean.

A normal Pied will have really bright oranges around the edges like that or in small patches as a hatchling.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Re: Orange dream piebald or regular?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Size/age?

I doubt it unless she is no longer a hatchling, and even then it's unlikely. I would expect the headstamp to be a bit more obvious even in a subadult. A hatchling should have a lot brighter orange, less of the brown tones, and the dorsal striping should be fairly clean yellow. An adult should look basically the same but as if it had been partially sun bleached, the oranges turning to creamy orange and the browns to khaki, thought the dorsal stripe doesn't stay as clean.

A normal Pied will have really bright oranges around the edges like that or in small patches as a hatchling.
    Yeah she’s pretty young, about 100 grams. Interesting, the guy who sold her said he thought she was a low expression. Oh well, still an awesome snake so I’m happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Re: Orange dream piebald or regular?

Quote Originally Posted by BallBoa View Post
    Yeah she’s pretty young, about 100 grams. Interesting, the guy who sold her said he thought she was a low expression. Oh well, still an awesome snake so I’m happy.

Low expression is always a possibility but I don't really see anything to make me think she is not just Pied. Pied on its own causes colors to look a lot different and patchy besides just making white over part of the body.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose