Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,728

0 members and 1,728 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

When do bananas start to "fade"?

From what I've seen adult bananas tend to have a two tone coloration compared to their youth. Mine is a year and a few months old and still has quite a bit of his brightness with the oranges and lavenders. So does the fading not start till 2-3 years of age or is he among the ones that will retain "full" coloration into adulthood?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Depends on the combo and line. You will probably still see some changes. I feel like by about 2-3 years is when the vast majority of color change is done, though there is still some. From the sounds of it though, yours has retained a lot more color than most by this stage.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Re: When do bananas start to "fade"?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Depends on the combo and line. You will probably still see some changes. I feel like by about 2-3 years is when the vast majority of color change is done, though there is still some. From the sounds of it though, yours has retained a lot more color than most by this stage.
    Don't know how much it helps, but the most that I know is that he's just single gene banana and came from Dynasty Reptiles (no idea what his parental lineage is). Specifically chose him since he looked the most vibrant of the selection at the time. I'll have to snap some pictures tomorrow to compare what he looks like now from his MM listing.

Thanks
    Given the volume Dynasty Reptiles produces, it probably is more random than a line bred quality, but you never know. They may put a lot more into their projects than the average big breeder. I have an Enchi Banana from them coming up on 4 years and she still has great color, but the Enchi is responsible for most of that. Her purples are long gone though.

Thanks
    Okay, got some pics. Here's what he looked like in the listing.

And here's pics of him taken today.

Should be noted that his oranges are more prominent in person, my phone camera isn't the greatest. The reds and purples have obviously faded but he's otherwise maintained some color variety compared to what I've seen of other bananas.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-10-2021)

Thanks
    He looks great for his age You picked a good one!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Snagrio (09-03-2021)

Thanks
    I am glad I clicked on this thread. I was looking at some snakes on Morph Market and was interested in quite a few from Dynasty Reptiles. Do you guys recommend that breeder. Judging only by pictures he/she (forgive me I don't know) has alot of really pretty snakes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJpeep View Post
    I am glad I clicked on this thread. I was looking at some snakes on Morph Market and was interested in quite a few from Dynasty Reptiles. Do you guys recommend that breeder. Judging only by pictures he/she (forgive me I don't know) has alot of really pretty snakes.
    Highly recommend DD. When I ordered mine they gave additional pics of him and on my request held him back until he shed since he was blue at the time (this was my first snake in a long time so I wanted to start with my best foot forward). They also include an info card with the shipment of general care information they provide for their animals plus the hatch date and last meal of your snake. Ever since he arrived my boy has been a dream. Eaten every meal, transitioned from live to F/T and then mice to rats without missing a beat and is the picture of health. And DD has free shipping on their ball pythons as well which is nice.

Only real drawback is that they're a busy large scale breeder so a little patience may be needed for back and forth messaging, but other than that my experience with them has been excellent.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

JJpeep (09-10-2021),nikkubus (09-10-2021)

Thanks

That's awesome. Thanx for the information. I looked at alot of their snakes and really like quite a few. Good to know that you would recommend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JJpeep For This Useful Post:

Snagrio (09-10-2021)

Thanks
    I had a good experience with them too. I didn't really ask a lot of questions, but they verified she was available, and did a really good job shipping her. She arrived in great condition.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

JJpeep (09-10-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast