Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,746

1 members and 2,745 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered User obsesssedsnakemom's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do not purchase from this person!

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    Heck if you do have proof that he added the paypal fees on top of her purchase price, bring that up too. It at least will be a ding on his paypal record.
    Also....as a side note, be wary of anyone requesting that you pay as Friends and Family because they are trying to avoid the business fess and that can be a ding on you as well. And you don't get buyer protections.

I hope they do decide in your favor on that especially if he said he would refund in private message/email. Paypal can be very frustrating to deal with in matters like this. If you have proof that this is the same email on his paypal account saying he'll refund you, that should help it go smoother.
    I’ve definitely got a bunch of proof. I’ve never had to deal with a refund through PayPal. I’m glad I used goods and services since it seems like I’m more likely to get my refund. All the emails and names match up on everything as well. This guy has a lot of great reviews on MM. Its the first time I’ve ever said yes to anyone with a negative review…lesson learned I guess

Thanks

UPDATE- WE GOT THE REFUND Now I just hope he took that snake to the vet before listing her again even though I see she’s already back up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obsesssedsnakemom View Post
    UPDATE- WE GOT THE REFUND Now I just hope he took that snake to the vet before listing her again even though I see she’s already back up!
    Glad you got the refund. Paypal is usually pretty good about that but I've never had to deal with a live animal issue through them so I wasn't sure how tough it would be.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 839 Posts
    I'm absolutely sure he didn't because he left a snarky reply on your feedback. He could have left a much better reply saying how maybe the stress from shipping caused the snake to react in ways that seemed like an URI but her health has been verified with our local vet as healthy" or you know... 100 other ways of doing the right thing and being responsible.

Instead he slammed you in the reply and handwaved the scale rot concern chalking it all up to buyers remorse. On top of putting her back up for sale without quarantining her to verify your claims first.

While I admit, the feedback you gave was a bit heated (not saying I am any less pissed on what happened). He didn't do anything to make himself seem like a better person.

Like... I have seen snakes that after shipping will bubble a bit because they drank a little too much water too quickly.... But in combination with the scales and the weight? That's fair too suspicious to take chances.

Did he actually refund you or did PayPal have to do it for you in the end?

I still think this is a fair warning and have him blocked so I don't even have a chance to consider something of his.
    Last edited by Armiyana; 09-07-2021 at 12:36 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

obsesssedsnakemom (09-07-2021)

Thanks

No, PayPal had to force it. On his MM profile it states a 25% deduction for any refunds and I wouldn’t have had any objections to that because it’s plainly stated there but he didn’t want to refund me anything at all! I truly believe that if it wasn’t for PayPal, I wouldn’t have gotten my money back. I got an email from the MM team stating that they also decided in my favor but he didn’t seem to agree with them either. No further action will be taken against him as far as his MM store but hopefully my review helps so it doesn’t happen to other people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to obsesssedsnakemom For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-07-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

No, PayPal had to force it. On his MM profile it states a 25% deduction for any refunds and I wouldn’t have had any objections to that because it’s plainly stated there but he didn’t want to refund me anything at all! I truly believe that if it wasn’t for PayPal, I wouldn’t have gotten my money back. I got an email from the MM team stating that they also decided in my favor but he didn’t seem to agree with them either. No further action will be taken against him as far as his MM store but hopefully my review helps so it doesn’t happen to other people.
    I wouldn't give him 25%. Sure if I just changed my mind but not when the animal is not what it is said to be arriving happy and healthy.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I wouldn't give him 25%. Sure if I just changed my mind but not when the animal is not what it is said to be arriving happy and healthy.
    I agree 100%- he wouldn't be keeping a penny from me either, not after what he pulled on you. And just because someone argues up a storm, doesn't mean they're right or have a leg to stand on...that's just how some people are, they'll always blame others & it's never anything they did wrong. Because all they care about is their own profits, & they've learned that by putting up a fight, they'll win a few because some will just give up & don't pursue what they're owed.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-07-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 839 Posts
    Weird, morph market agreed with you? Because your review is deleted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    Weird, morph market agreed with you? Because your review is deleted.
    That’s very weird! I’m not sure why they would remove my review? I just sent an email to MM questioning it because it doesn’t seem right that they wouldn’t want an honest review up whether the seller agrees with me or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts

Stanley Ordonez / SOS Amador

Hi,

I don't know if you're on Facebook but there are two Inquiry/Feedback groups that I read regularly where you can share this info. "FBI - Feedback and Inquiry" is one of them, and the other is "Herp Industry FBI: The Good, The Bad, The Truth". Both require proof (e.g. screen shots) to create a post so people can't make unfounded accusations.

Also if MM really did delete your negative feedback from the seller then that also should be stated, as a lot of buyers rely on the feedback when deciding to make a purchase.

You can also post a review on FaunaClassifieds.com but only as a response/reply to an ad that this seller creates, not as its own original post, and he hasn't posted an ad there in six years.

At least you got a refund. So sorry this happened though!

bcr229

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

obsesssedsnakemom (09-08-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast