Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,037

2 members and 3,035 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User obsesssedsnakemom's Avatar
    Thanks

Do not purchase from this person!

https://youtu.be/WtqBYhepHu0

BUYERS BEWARE!!!! I HAVE ALL PROOF IN MESSAGES IF ANYONE WANTS/NEEDS TO SEE THEM!!

I bought this gorgeous leopard. This guy sent me this snake with SCALE ROT, A RESPIRATORY INFECTION AND 500g lighter than he advertised! So in less than an hour of getting her home and looking her over, we start seeing the bubbles. We panicked! We moved her out of our quarantine room and completely away from any of our other snakes. I emailed him through MM and agreed to take her back and issue a full refund. He asked me to set her up to help the RI and hold off on shipping her back until Tuesday (Aug 31st) when he could receive her. I risked my own collection by keeping her longer than necessary. He’s been soaking her and using vics to keep her symptoms at bay…

He received her today and is ignoring my calls/emails/texts and then I see this posted on her listing…still no refund

His name is Stanley Ordonez and his MM store is SOS Amador

2. The Following User Says Thank You to obsesssedsnakemom For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (09-02-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Re: Do not purchase from this person!

Quote Originally Posted by obsesssedsnakemom View Post
    ... He’s been soaking her and using vics to keep her symptoms at bay…
    FYI, by "vics" I assume you meant "Vick's Vapo-Rub", which should NEVER be used for snakes- it's toxic to them.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

obsesssedsnakemom (09-02-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    FYI, by "vics" I assume you meant "Vick's Vapo-Rub", which should NEVER be used for snakes- it's toxic to them.
    Yes that’s exactly what I mean. He had asked me to put some in her tub with her while I had her and I told him I did but there was no way I was putting that in there with her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to obsesssedsnakemom For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-01-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    The picture of what he put on the listing isn't showing. What was it?
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    He said ouch when she bit him. That tells me all I needed to know about him but then he says she's going into shed. Ummm.... No! You missed the shed and that's stuck. I wouldn't buy a anything from that guy.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (09-02-2021),obsesssedsnakemom (09-02-2021),Snow Balls (09-05-2021),TofuTofuTofu (09-02-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    He said ouch when she bit him. That tells me all I needed to know about him but then he says she's going into shed. Ummm.... No! You missed the shed and that's stuck. I wouldn't buy a anything from that guy.
    You should see the excuse he tried on another person who gave him a bad review on MM. Now I know that BP’s can be picky but he tried saying that it’s totally normal for them to go off feed for months at at a time! I hope he doesn’t get the chance to screw over anyone else!

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 827 Posts
    I would never trust a breeder who has an animal returned for scale rot and a URI going back and immediately listing her for sale again. Wow. Pretty much just opened the box from you, brought her outside, filmed and relisted her. No monitoring or precaution whatsoever. When I worked at a big box pet store... even if we KNEW it was buyer's remorse and not an actually sick animal? It was still put through a required quarantine when it was returned. The fact that you had legit health concerns about this animal....This is just terrible husbandry and business on this guy's part.

Per the MM ad: "Laid 6-2-21, 4 fertile eggs 5 slugs. 3,100 g is current weight, back of feed. Video taken Sept. 1, 2021. Big and healthy, has placed her pre lay weight back on. Great girth for laying. No issues. Video on YouTube- SOS Amador Leopard Female"
    Was she advertised originally at the 3,100? Or is that updated too?
    She's pissed and spicy in that video. She does have a good tongue flick, but interesting that he's bringing that up because that's to deflect the idea of her having an RI. "Going into shed" and then picking at the skin and saying she's starting to shed there had me rolling my eyes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-02-2021),obsesssedsnakemom (09-02-2021)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Adding on here.... his store policy has this:
    " Paypal fees will be added to the total."
    That is also a huge red flag because that is against paypal policy as well. You're supposed to be charging accordingly and not adding paypal fee payments like an additional tax. =/
    You are required to handle your own fees. not the buyer.

Totally adding him to my block list

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    I would never trust a breeder who has an animal returned for scale rot and a URI going back and immediately listing her for sale again. Wow. Pretty much just opened the box from you, brought her outside, filmed and relisted her. No monitoring or precaution whatsoever. When I worked at a big box pet store... even if we KNEW it was buyer's remorse and not an actually sick animal? It was still put through a required quarantine when it was returned. The fact that you had legit health concerns about this animal....This is just terrible husbandry and business on this guy's part.

Per the MM ad: "Laid 6-2-21, 4 fertile eggs 5 slugs. 3,100 g is current weight, back of feed. Video taken Sept. 1, 2021. Big and healthy, has placed her pre lay weight back on. Great girth for laying. No issues. Video on YouTube- SOS Amador Leopard Female"
    Was she advertised originally at the 3,100? Or is that updated too?
    She's pissed and spicy in that video. She does have a good tongue flick, but interesting that he's bringing that up because that's to deflect the idea of her having an RI. "Going into shed" and then picking at the skin and saying she's starting to shed there had me rolling my eyes.
    It’s not updated at all. She weighed less than 2,600g when she got to me. I really hope PayPal can get my refund. I have proof of everything in messages and pics of the scale rot.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to obsesssedsnakemom For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (09-02-2021)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Heck if you do have proof that he added the paypal fees on top of her purchase price, bring that up too. It at least will be a ding on his paypal record.
    Also....as a side note, be wary of anyone requesting that you pay as Friends and Family because they are trying to avoid the business fess and that can be a ding on you as well. And you don't get buyer protections.

I hope they do decide in your favor on that especially if he said he would refund in private message/email. Paypal can be very frustrating to deal with in matters like this. If you have proof that this is the same email on his paypal account saying he'll refund you, that should help it go smoother.
    Last edited by Armiyana; 09-02-2021 at 03:11 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast