Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,263

1 members and 3,262 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Royal Corn Snake???

I had never heard of these - until yesterday - and thought someone had got the name wrong.

What's happened is some people who live in our village, their son wanted snakes 2-3 years back, so he got 3 - 2 albino corns and what we were told was a Ball Python (the person who had seen these creatures said the BP looked just like ours - but ours is a baby still and this is an adult). Now the son is "bored" with his snakes and basically is keeping them in bad conditions (at one point he even reputedly had all 3 of these snakes in one viv together). One of the albino corns has bites on it and the (supposedly) BP has had an abcess for a little while but the family are poor and say they can't afford the bill (can't afford bills - don't buy in the first place!!). The family "want to get rid" of the snakes. We may hopefully have found homes for the 2 albino corns (which live together) and thought we would take on the BP. But when we spoke to the people last night the woman said "Oh no, it's not a Royal Python (what BP's are called here in UK) - it's a Royal Corn!!!

So I have no idea what to expect when I turn up to see these creatures later today but it does appear from a google search that such things exist - I've just never heard of them!

Thanks

Re: Royal Corn Snake???

thats totally weird, never heard of them either, definately have to let us know what they really have and show piccies.

this reminds me of my surprise kingsnake. i was getting a snake off some guy my bf works with, my fella went and got it an paid for it so i never got to see it before i owned it lol, it was sold to me as a cornsnake.
    anyway, it turned up and i took one look at it and said 'thats not a corn!'
    it turned out to be a grey banded kingsnake, hes a sweetie and really docile, about 4ft and very pretty but he is fasting, not that im worried cos hes way too fat anyway.
    hope you get a nice snake and are able to help it have a nice life like i did for the king, those ppl have no idea what theyre doing and shouldnt be allowed to get any more pets.

Thanks

Oh Raz, good for you for rescuing these snakes! Sounds like horrible conditions (just make sure to keep them well quarantined from the rest of your collection, gawd knows what they could be harboring poor things!)

Can't wait to see pics if possible to see what a "royal corn" is since I've never heard of them either.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

im so glad you're rescuing them. it sounds pretty bad. please take pics too, im guessing my mind off what it could be.
    -marshall

Thanks

Poor snakes... I'll never understand people who treat animals like fads or furniture... I could never give up any of my babies, they're part of our family!

I guess Royal Corns are a newer morph? I never heard of them either till I read this post and googled.
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

WOW i want a Royal Corn! theyre just beatiful! thats so cool!
    ~Courtney

Thanks

You should hear some of the excuses our local animal shelter gets when people drop off animals. "It didn't match my new carpet/furniture" was one of the "best" ones I've heard... Me no likey people sometimes...
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

wow i cant believe they brought it to the shelter because it didnt match the carpet or furniture. thats horrible.
    ~Courtney

Registered User The Cannibal Monkey's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to echo reptile-girl....WOW! 0__0 those are amazing looking!! Can't wait to see some pics when you get it! I'll never understand how someone could possibly get "bored" with an animal, I hope that kid's parents learned a lesson and don't put another helpless creature into that situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    You should hear some of the excuses our local animal shelter gets when people drop off animals. "It didn't match my new carpet/furniture" was one of the "best" ones I've heard... Me no likey people sometimes...
    Wow... that's absolutely horrible. Stuff like that just makes me want to cry. Some people should not be allowed to adopt animals. When I was picking up rabbit food at a little corner pet store the other day (I usually avoid going in there, because the conditions are awful and depressing, but I was desperate and carless that day), I asked the lady there where they got their snakes. She said most of them were from local people who didn't want them anymore and just dropped them off. The two BPs in there looked ready to die, had no water just a bowl full of poop and horrible sheds/wrinkling so they're no better off now than they were with the initial careless owners. Makes me just ill. The mammals and fish in there weren't much better off. Ugh. I can't comprehend how they don't care.

As a good friend of mine is fond of saying "Stupid Humans."
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast